The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 No shed?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 30/09/2009 : 17:59:52
So, my little butter corn Nellie hasn't shed since before I brought her home on August 17th. I noticed her eyes turning blue two days ago, but now they're back to normal and I haven't found any traces of a shed in her tub...How often should a young one shed? She's nearly three months old at this point, will be 3 mos on October 11th. I don't have a scale to weigh her or her food, but she eats one small pinky mouse once a week.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 03/10/2009 : 03:32:06
Has Nellie shed yet? xxx
n/a Posted - 30/09/2009 : 21:36:41
Okay :) Thanks, guys! I'm definitely gonna up her feeding to every five days as that seems like a better schedule for such a young one to be on.
HannahB Posted - 30/09/2009 : 19:49:46
to get her growing to her best size maybe feed her every 5-6 days and maybe see if she can handle 2 pinkies on every other feed for a few weeks. If she handles them no problem then keep her on two pinkies until there is not much of a bump left and then alternate with 2 pinkies one feed and a fuzzy the next..

but yeah like hawkeye and remmy have said she should shed any time within the next 5-8 days
n/a Posted - 30/09/2009 : 19:36:24
quote:
Originally posted by JinxtheBP

So, my little butter corn Nellie hasn't shed since before I brought her home on August 17th. I noticed her eyes turning blue two days ago, but now they're back to normal and I haven't found any traces of a shed in her tub...How often should a young one shed? She's nearly three months old at this point, will be 3 mos on October 11th. I don't have a scale to weigh her or her food, but she eats one small pinky mouse once a week.

The advice I was given here was to feed every 5 days at this age. As for shedding, from what I read in the forum so far it seems Nellie's doing the usual pre-shed thing and sounds like she should shed soon.
Remmy Posted - 30/09/2009 : 19:32:04
They normally shed about every 4 weeks when they are young but all snakes are different. After their eyes clear it can take up to a week for them to shed so it should be soon.
meggi Posted - 30/09/2009 : 18:08:06
heeii, she`s just fine , when there eyes go milky it means there very nearly ready to shed , but once there eyes go clear it normally takes the 1..2...3 days to shed after that. so just hold on , and she`ll shed soon!!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000