The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 bloated snake!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 14/09/2009 : 22:26:13
hi - I bought a baby cornsnake a couple of months ago for my little boy. it has been feeding well on pinkies, but last week it regurgitated after 36 hours...then seemed to have an air pocket in its belly...it looked like it had the pinkie inside, but obviously it wasn't! the lump felt empty, like it was full of air...any ideas?

separate point - it seems to be permanently in the strike position and strikes constantly if a hand is put into the vivarium; has done since we got it. I get it out regularly with a glove on and it is lovely when out...worries me as they get quite large and I don't think a glove will help!
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Remmy Posted - 15/09/2009 : 21:29:28
hiper, a sock will still have your body scent on it which a snake will pick up on. It doesn`t have to be a sock it could be a worn t shirt or anything else you have worn.
gingerpony Posted - 15/09/2009 : 20:27:49
sounds like a vet job to me really...........has it been going to the toilet ok? it could be blocked up........

or what are your temps like? if it's not right the prey item will start to decompose before the snake digests it......... which could be the reason for the regurge and gassy tummy
hiper2009 Posted - 15/09/2009 : 00:18:59
Brookestar

I didnt know you could put your own smelly sock in the viv lol but how will that help if your sock has sweat on it then its not the same scent as your hand is it ?
Brookestar Posted - 14/09/2009 : 22:33:31
with your first problem it doesnt sound too good. i havent actually heard of anything like it before but may i suggest ringing a vet that deals with reps and seeing what they say ... on the other hand someone on here (like GP) may know exactly what is wrong

as for your second point corns are secretive in nature so its instinctive id to defend itself. if its fine once out i doubt it will attack you but if your wary about it you can always put a sock in the viv so the snake gets used to your scent and if he/she uses the sock as a hide then may also recognise your scent as safety

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000