The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 CAN SOMEONE HELP

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 26/08/2009 : 21:02:31
I NEED HELP WITH MY SNAKE!!!
i have a snake who (when i got her) was pregnant... she must have been because she laid 2 premature eggs when we got her home. i thought that she had laid these due to stress from the move to our house.

Its about 4 months later, she hasnt eaten at all, but is still excreting fine. I was waiting for her to lay the other eggs, because she had bumps, signaling she still had eggs in her. She had/has all the signs of pregnancy but still has bumps... not laid anything.

Right now she has a larger and thicker bump in her stomach....
CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS?????

A QUICK REPLY WOULD BE APPRECIATED! thanks.

moved to health section
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 05/02/2010 : 05:17:37
Just did a search on 'slugs' and found this topic (among others) that may be of interest to you Jonathan - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5693&SearchTerms=slugs

xxx
lee2308 Posted - 03/02/2010 : 17:27:51
my king laid eggs last year without mating,they can also store sperm from previous season
eeji Posted - 03/02/2010 : 16:59:29
quote:
Originally posted by Fal

I'm coming into this post a little late, but didn't want to start a new one for this simple question:

Can female (obviously) corns become egg bound without mating? (May sound stupid, but some other reptiles can, a bit like chickens laying without fertilisation).

Cheers,
Jonathan

yes
Fal Posted - 03/02/2010 : 12:29:50
I'm coming into this post a little late, but didn't want to start a new one for this simple question:

Can female (obviously) corns become egg bound without mating? (May sound stupid, but some other reptiles can, a bit like chickens laying without fertilisation).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Tizzy Posted - 28/08/2009 : 15:47:32
Get her to a vet!
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2340
This link may help you find a herp vet in your area, if none of those are close remember Google is your friend, i'm sure there will be an exotics vet near you somewhere.
lee2308 Posted - 28/08/2009 : 15:28:02
hi i would get it to a vet asap,not only does she sound egg bound,she should be clear of any poo in her system after 4 months of not eating or is it white poo coming out (urates)which would be wee?
Kellog Posted - 28/08/2009 : 03:50:16
Vet asap I would think and make sure it is a vet that treats reptiles and know what he is talking about. Have you talked to whoever you got her from for more info about her (last feed, last shed, weight etc)? Ask about her being pregnant? They are obviously housing corns together without worrying about what sex they are, which is a worry. Let us know what is going on!! xxx
gingerpony Posted - 26/08/2009 : 21:14:34
heya and welcome

not sure what you mean by 'premature eggs'??

if she's egg-bound (which would be a huge surprise after 4 months....) it sounds like an exotic vet job to me

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000