New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

1 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2009 :  21:02:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I NEED HELP WITH MY SNAKE!!!
i have a snake who (when i got her) was pregnant... she must have been because she laid 2 premature eggs when we got her home. i thought that she had laid these due to stress from the move to our house.

Its about 4 months later, she hasnt eaten at all, but is still excreting fine. I was waiting for her to lay the other eggs, because she had bumps, signaling she still had eggs in her. She had/has all the signs of pregnancy but still has bumps... not laid anything.

Right now she has a larger and thicker bump in her stomach....
CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS?????

A QUICK REPLY WOULD BE APPRECIATED! thanks.

moved to health section

Edited by - lee2308 on 28/08/2009 15:24:58

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2009 :  21:14:34  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heya and welcome

not sure what you mean by 'premature eggs'??

if she's egg-bound (which would be a huge surprise after 4 months....) it sounds like an exotic vet job to me

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2009 :  03:50:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Vet asap I would think and make sure it is a vet that treats reptiles and know what he is talking about. Have you talked to whoever you got her from for more info about her (last feed, last shed, weight etc)? Ask about her being pregnant? They are obviously housing corns together without worrying about what sex they are, which is a worry. Let us know what is going on!! xxx

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2009 :  15:28:02  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi i would get it to a vet asap,not only does she sound egg bound,she should be clear of any poo in her system after 4 months of not eating or is it white poo coming out (urates)which would be wee?

Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2009 :  15:47:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Get her to a vet!
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2340
This link may help you find a herp vet in your area, if none of those are close remember Google is your friend, i'm sure there will be an exotics vet near you somewhere.

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Edited by - Tizzy on 28/08/2009 15:49:37
Go to Top of Page

Fal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2010 :  12:29:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm coming into this post a little late, but didn't want to start a new one for this simple question:

Can female (obviously) corns become egg bound without mating? (May sound stupid, but some other reptiles can, a bit like chickens laying without fertilisation).

Cheers,
Jonathan

Corn Snake - Bella. Bearded Dragon - Draco. Leopard Gecko - Mojo. Cat - Neo. In our family we also have: Cali King Snake, Spiny Flower Mantis (RIP), African Lined Mantis (RIP), Ghost Mantis (RIP), four Hermit Crabs, a Budgy and a Dog - Mystie... oh and a YAMAHA YZF-R1 but she's feeling a bit neglected at the moment :(
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2010 :  16:59:29  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fal

I'm coming into this post a little late, but didn't want to start a new one for this simple question:

Can female (obviously) corns become egg bound without mating? (May sound stupid, but some other reptiles can, a bit like chickens laying without fertilisation).

Cheers,
Jonathan

yes

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2010 :  17:27:51  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
my king laid eggs last year without mating,they can also store sperm from previous season

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2010 :  05:17:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just did a search on 'slugs' and found this topic (among others) that may be of interest to you Jonathan - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5693&SearchTerms=slugs

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000