The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 pooing!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
misstwinkle Posted - 10/08/2009 : 21:30:19
how long after feedin does it take ur snake to poo?

it will be 2 weeks on thursday that i got him, i fed him 2 fluffies last wednesday and is due another feed this wednesday, but he still hasnt pooed!
he was fed the the wednesday before i got him, and unless he pooed over nite i have know idea the last time pooed as i cleaned him out the day i got him
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
inkiepixie Posted - 13/08/2009 : 10:00:19
Bella's poo doesn't actually smell that much...certainly not as bad as the cats'. Is she OK? Or have I struck lucky?!
Kellog Posted - 12/08/2009 : 22:26:53
It is something I never considered before we got a snake - the smell of their poo! Up til now all Kellog's 'gifts' have been done outside viv when being handled, usually caught on kitchen roll but sometimes missed and got on clothes and carpet....no problem, just clean. Cos of mites he is on kitchen roll at moment and did one yesterday in viv. Immediately took out all kitchen roll, scrubbed base of viv and replaced with new kitchen roll. Am sure I can still smell it though! xxx
muffin Posted - 12/08/2009 : 21:49:03
I feed mine on sunday and by the wednesday they will have done there poo, and man it STINKS!!! lol.
eeji Posted - 12/08/2009 : 19:17:10
my big anery girl can go up to 3 weeks without pooing and saves it all up for one huge dump, so don't worry too much. like the others say, you'll know when because you'll smell it first
hiper2009 Posted - 12/08/2009 : 14:59:12
Champagne does on 1 day after feeding and then another one 2 days after but last week he decided to poo my my best mate as i handled him and then passed him to my best mate so i cud change his water and stuff and he just could not wait and dumped a big load on him and it was VILE Worse then my dogs poo
HannahB Posted - 11/08/2009 : 19:07:11
mont tends to go 2-3 days after feeding and then again maybe on the fourth day.. hes usually pretty regular lmao!
Remmy Posted - 11/08/2009 : 18:54:13
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

every snake is different, my 2 usually go about 2 or 3 days after a feed. make sure and look thoroughly for it, though you can usually smell it before you see it.

Oh yes, have a good sniff round in the viv lol
SexyBear77 Posted - 11/08/2009 : 15:45:33
every snake is different, my 2 usually go about 2 or 3 days after a feed. make sure and look thoroughly for it, though you can usually smell it before you see it.
lucifer Posted - 11/08/2009 : 14:39:07
I find giving them a gentle little stroke/rub down the body gets things moving too
Kellog Posted - 11/08/2009 : 03:18:16
I find that just handling Kellog invariable encourages him to leave me a 'gift', think the activity encourages it. Just be prepared with kitchen roll/towel etc. xxx
n/a Posted - 10/08/2009 : 22:58:13
you will know once he has been cos you can smell it...

mine normally go within about three to four days of feeding...

be careful with the bath thing, as it might freak your snake out..

Remmy Posted - 10/08/2009 : 22:23:13
Please use a thermometer to test the temp of the water. I tested the water with my arm and it felt cool but when i put the probe in the water was 90 degrees.
misstwinkle Posted - 10/08/2009 : 22:15:52
ok, if he hasnt pooed by tomorra then hes havin a bath!
Remmy Posted - 10/08/2009 : 22:05:34
The best way to make a snake poo is put it in a bath of water the same temp as the warm end of its viv.
n/a Posted - 10/08/2009 : 21:51:23
Try him on a soft warm towel (preferably not a fluffy one-no pun intended!) and if he's anything like GB he will go! No doubt there will be lots of other ways of making snakey poo...LoL
Remmy Posted - 10/08/2009 : 21:50:14
You do have to look carefully. My 2 normally poo under a plant or behind a hide where it cant be seen. They normally poo 2-7 days after a feed.
misstwinkle Posted - 10/08/2009 : 21:38:26
ive checked his wood chippings very carefully but nothin. im sure hes waitin for me to handle him and poo all over me
inkiepixie Posted - 10/08/2009 : 21:32:42
Bella usually goes a couple of days after feeding, and then maybe the next days as well. She's very good at hiding her leavings though; maybe your little chap is as secretive as she is?

One guaranteed way to get them to go is to put them on your freshly made, beautifully laundered bed. Hmph. You would think I'd learn my lesson the first time.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000