The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Long time between Poos, normal?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
zandefloss Posted - 04/05/2012 : 21:43:52
Hi there, my corn snake Spaghetti is nearly 3 years old, her tank temps are approx room temp at the cool end and between 28-29.5 at the warm end.

She eats a adult/XL mouse every 2 weeks, however she only poos every 3/4 weeks, so sometimes she will have 2 feeds before she poos. I have tried waiting until she poos between feeds, but then she would only be feeding once every 4 weeks.

She is active, calm and her usual self, drinking as usual and has no unusual lumps or bumps anywhere. I observe her closely when feeding and she has never swallowed any aspen or non-mouse things :)

Could you reasurre me that this is OK?

zan x
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
zandefloss Posted - 06/05/2012 : 19:04:22
Nothing much! Despite the lack of poo she's eating whenever it is offered, she looks a healthy weight for her size and is shedding around every 3/4 months now, I would say she is around 5 foot, so fully grown now.

zan x
a33272 Posted - 06/05/2012 : 16:07:09
What's her weight doing?
zandefloss Posted - 06/05/2012 : 15:58:03
Anyone? I've tried searching for this, but I'm really worried - feed her once a month my pet store says she's underweight and not growing, once every 2/3 weeks and two feeds between poos?

I'm really worried about her!

zan x
zandefloss Posted - 04/05/2012 : 22:37:11
When I moved her up to XL, I was feeding her once every 4 weeks, but changed that after my petstore said that was too far apart and after advice from the forum I have moved it to every 2 weeks, occasionally 3.

Thanks,

Zan
cobweb251 Posted - 04/05/2012 : 21:49:45
Wayyyy out of my depth but I would say if she hasnt pooed the she is still digesting, having her digesting all the time (2 feeds before pooing) isn't healthy on XL mice I would think 1 ever 4 weeks would be ok. More experienced advise will be around the corner I'm sure.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000