New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zandefloss
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  21:43:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there, my corn snake Spaghetti is nearly 3 years old, her tank temps are approx room temp at the cool end and between 28-29.5 at the warm end.

She eats a adult/XL mouse every 2 weeks, however she only poos every 3/4 weeks, so sometimes she will have 2 feeds before she poos. I have tried waiting until she poos between feeds, but then she would only be feeding once every 4 weeks.

She is active, calm and her usual self, drinking as usual and has no unusual lumps or bumps anywhere. I observe her closely when feeding and she has never swallowed any aspen or non-mouse things :)

Could you reasurre me that this is OK?

zan x

cobweb251
Hatchling

United Kingdom
435 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  21:49:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wayyyy out of my depth but I would say if she hasnt pooed the she is still digesting, having her digesting all the time (2 feeds before pooing) isn't healthy on XL mice I would think 1 ever 4 weeks would be ok. More experienced advise will be around the corner I'm sure.
Go to Top of Page

zandefloss
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  22:37:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I moved her up to XL, I was feeding her once every 4 weeks, but changed that after my petstore said that was too far apart and after advice from the forum I have moved it to every 2 weeks, occasionally 3.

Thanks,

Zan
Go to Top of Page

zandefloss
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2012 :  15:58:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone? I've tried searching for this, but I'm really worried - feed her once a month my pet store says she's underweight and not growing, once every 2/3 weeks and two feeds between poos?

I'm really worried about her!

zan x
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2012 :  16:07:09  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What's her weight doing?

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

zandefloss
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2012 :  19:04:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nothing much! Despite the lack of poo she's eating whenever it is offered, she looks a healthy weight for her size and is shedding around every 3/4 months now, I would say she is around 5 foot, so fully grown now.

zan x
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000