The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Emergancy advice!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
darrkang3l Posted - 15/04/2012 : 12:58:07
went to handle shayde today and he is absolutely limp with little to no movement. tryed feeding him but no interest. i actually think he doesn't have enough strength to even attempt. i phoned my only local reptile vet and they are closed today and the emergency line hasn't answered. even if i do get through the car is with the g.f and she doesn't finish work until 6ish. is there anything i can try? at all? that will help. to me it seems like he is slowly dying :(.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Hissyfit Posted - 20/04/2012 : 10:15:19
So sorry you lost him, poor little thing
RIP Shayde
LadyV Posted - 19/04/2012 : 19:09:01
I've just read this, I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

I've only had my Chops a month and a bit but I would be devestated if something happened to him.

You did all you can to save him and all of my sympathy is with you x
343guiltyspark Posted - 19/04/2012 : 18:48:35
I'm so sorry for your loss. But I'm sure Shayade knows you tried to save him.
343guiltyspark Posted - 19/04/2012 : 18:00:19
Oh no that's bad! The vet should be open every day!!!
Mort13 Posted - 19/04/2012 : 12:07:44
Sorry to hear of your loss. R.I.P little Shayde
serena_08 Posted - 18/04/2012 : 18:14:40
R.I.P. Little fella x
tk72 Posted - 18/04/2012 : 13:01:29
Sorry to hear about shayde. We had our first snake pass away after only a few weeks. Its a horrible feeling. We got another from a rescue centre and all seems well up to now. Try not to be to down hearted as these things unfortunately happen. Take care.
darrkang3l Posted - 18/04/2012 : 11:13:47
Thank you for the support everyone! you have all helped me through it!
Blackcat Posted - 18/04/2012 : 10:47:34
So sorry to hear of your loss, you did all you could for Shayde.
Sta~ple Posted - 16/04/2012 : 23:55:36
Sorry to hear, sometimes these things happens. I had a hatchie I bred, was the first to shed and eat and then a couple of days later, when limp and started doing the movements/lack of movement you were describing, no idea what was wrong with it, was fine in the morning and by evening it had passed away...

I think there are dodgy shops but there are some also pretty dodgy "breeders" on preloved and everywhere else, considering people call themselves a breeder even though they have no real knowledge and their corns just have accidental babies.
Spreebok Posted - 16/04/2012 : 23:49:13
So sorry to hear you lost him, sadly these things happen. At least he's out of any pain now, and you still have your other corn who is thriving and doing well, so you know it wasn't your care :)
claire_daz Posted - 16/04/2012 : 22:41:37
i cant fault our shop its not local i travel 20 miles but they are a reptile shop ....dog food in front reptiles out back . . nice n quiet .....so sorry to hear about your snakey mate
cobweb251 Posted - 16/04/2012 : 13:38:18
sorry to hear that mate...............
Mamma Posted - 16/04/2012 : 12:20:30
sorry for your loss xx
kev 5 Posted - 16/04/2012 : 12:12:57
sorry for your loss
Lili Posted - 16/04/2012 : 03:10:50
so sorry to hear about poor Shayde, I lost my first corn after only three weeks to a similar situations, he refused to eat I tried everything and he just curled into a little ball and passed one morning. I got lucky with my petshop who was helping me through the entire process, gatorade baths etc. that was before I found the forum, good petshop staff are brilliant, and they seemed as devastated by the loss of my hatchie as I was and gave me Boots free of charge as a replacement, finding a good shop is definaely worthwhile but sometimes there's nothing we can do
lupi lou Posted - 15/04/2012 : 21:03:51
sorry for your loss.
the pets shops near us are rubbish their staff are clueless and i don't like their standard of accomidation, theres only p@h that i'll use i refuse to fund the others.
Georgina Posted - 15/04/2012 : 20:26:02
they seem to hire really young people or people they know already, there is a new pet shop up near asda, nit sure if there are reptiles though x
darrkang3l Posted - 15/04/2012 : 20:23:32
quote:
Originally posted by Georgina

i know, i do like batta aquatics but they have gone mad with the re vamp and mad the decision o keep those two adults beardies ina 1.5 ft viv, not good x but they have some beautiful corn hatchie, but then the other day i saw one member of staff trying to ram a pinky in one of the hatchies mouth mid air. so its good and bad. i take every where with a pinch of salt. x

oh not good. its like every pet shop hires imbociles these days. what i would give to work in a pet shop. yet never heard back off any ive applied for.
Georgina Posted - 15/04/2012 : 20:20:36
i know, i do like batta aquatics but they have gone mad with the re vamp and mad the decision o keep those two adults beardies ina 1.5 ft viv, not good x but they have some beautiful corn hatchie, but then the other day i saw one member of staff trying to ram a pinky in one of the hatchies mouth mid air. so its good and bad. i take every where with a pinch of salt. x

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000