The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Shayde refused feed again and weight worrying

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
darrkang3l Posted - 13/04/2012 : 20:38:12
okay so i tried to feed shayde again today without success now left the pinkie in with him on tissue ofc. i weighed him today and he is only 8g... hes fed once in nearly 4 weeks and his spine is becoming visible. vet call? or any other solutions as money is very tight atm. :( im very worried about him.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
darrkang3l Posted - 14/04/2012 : 14:10:19
quote:
Originally posted by tordyjo

I'm having the same problem with one of mine, she hatched in June last year, currently weighs 21g, a short while ago she went just over 10 weeks without feeding, i'd tried all the usual tricks, tuna brine, braining, warm and wet, cold and wet, brained and wet you name it we pretty much tried it, till the chick thread appeared, i couldn't find any chicks locally so as a last ditch attempt i wrapped the pinky in chicken skin (from a chicken breast we'd had for tea that night) i just removed the skin before cooking, to my surprise she ate, however i'm now struggling to wean her off it, tried her now with two feeds with no scent and she's refused both, so chicken skin again it is.

Thanks! well usuall feeding day is monday so ile get a chick thigh then and scent a nice pinkie with it. if he refuses then. ile weigh him in and take him to the vets!
tordyjo Posted - 14/04/2012 : 11:50:52
I'm having the same problem with one of mine, she hatched in June last year, currently weighs 21g, a short while ago she went just over 10 weeks without feeding, i'd tried all the usual tricks, tuna brine, braining, warm and wet, cold and wet, brained and wet you name it we pretty much tried it, till the chick thread appeared, i couldn't find any chicks locally so as a last ditch attempt i wrapped the pinky in chicken skin (from a chicken breast we'd had for tea that night) i just removed the skin before cooking, to my surprise she ate, however i'm now struggling to wean her off it, tried her now with two feeds with no scent and she's refused both, so chicken skin again it is.
darrkang3l Posted - 14/04/2012 : 10:51:31
quote:
Originally posted by cobweb251

How old is he/she vet might be a good idea but I'd try the chick thighs first or dip pinky in marmite or fish brine or maybe braining how old is he/she

he is about 8 months old and i have tryed braining without success. :(
darrkang3l Posted - 14/04/2012 : 10:50:28
quote:
Originally posted by Georgina

there is a thread about using chick thighs, well scenting with them. betta acquatics sell them for 18p each. what is your set up like?

my set up is pretty much exactly the same as the guide is on here. he used to eat fine. now over the last couple of months hes gone all strange. ile look into the chick thigh thing! x
cobweb251 Posted - 14/04/2012 : 02:38:52
How old is he/she vet might be a good idea but I'd try the chick thighs first or dip pinky in marmite or fish brine or maybe braining how old is he/she
Georgina Posted - 13/04/2012 : 22:14:50
there is a thread about using chick thighs, well scenting with them. betta acquatics sell them for 18p each. what is your set up like?
darrkang3l Posted - 13/04/2012 : 22:10:20
im not sure because i didn't have scales before but his spine is pretty much visible now and he feels really weak. although he still is abit active and able to roam his faun as usuall. :(
Georgina Posted - 13/04/2012 : 21:18:53
how much weight has shayde lost?
Donnie Posted - 13/04/2012 : 20:46:51
I think a trip to the vets is the safest option. Hope it goes well and he gets better (bigger) soon.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000