The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Regurge, but what? Help Please

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Donnie Posted - 05/04/2012 : 21:38:12
When I was at work this afternoon got a call from my OH (in a bit of a panic) saying that Suki had just regurged something looking like a white slug. Told her to leave it where it was as she had gone back into her hide (Suki not my OH) so I could look when I got home and to me it looks like the skin from the fluff. Suki was fed on Monday, 6 days after her last feed which was fine and there was a poo in the faun when I got home tonight as well so it looks like she has digested all but the fur. Picture of it below so don't scroll down if you don't want to see. Anybody got any ideas as to what it is or why? Temps are fine, nothing changed in her set up. I assume that I should leave her for 10 days now and just change water and spot clean if there are any more poo's?

10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
smart bunny Posted - 07/04/2012 : 08:53:57
Ewww nice lol! I hope all is OK and feeding goes fine next time. At least I know what to look out for too!
marc_sg Posted - 06/04/2012 : 22:26:53
gd luck
Donnie Posted - 06/04/2012 : 14:09:31
Thanks all, got a couple of pinkies now for when I start feeding her again hopefully it will be a one off.
lotabob Posted - 06/04/2012 : 12:59:55
It looks like more than one mouse worth of fur, maybe it just got a bit clogged and hocked it up like a cat does. I would still leave it the 10 days but I wouldn't be overly worried if all the temps are fine and its normally eating fine.
Georgina Posted - 05/04/2012 : 23:28:58
if she has had 5 fine and this is the first like this then i would feed her a pinkie after 10 days and then 7 days later give her a fluff again. when midnight regurged it was a double fluff feed, i could only give her a fluff on the next feed as she pays no attention to pinkies. x
Donnie Posted - 05/04/2012 : 23:23:54
Do you think that I have moved her up to fluffs to soon and she is unable to pass the fur the 'normal' way so she has vomited it up? She has had 5 feeds on fluffs now but not noticed any fur before in poo or in a 'slug' like that? If I do put her back onto pinkies shall I just give her 1 or 2?
Georgina Posted - 05/04/2012 : 23:07:38
midnight always does a normal poo, and then a day or two later a full hair poo. as its defo a regurge, normal 10 days alone, with only water change a poo picks. when midnoght regurged i covered her viv, i did daily water changes with reptoboost, gave her a smaller meal after 10 days and touch wood shes been fine. and moved up a size food aswel. x
Donnie Posted - 05/04/2012 : 22:52:38
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

Doesn't look very regurgy to me. Looks like what I call a fur plait, basically fur doesn't digest and once in a while they poop out these twisted masses of fur. Did you have a more close look at it, get the knife and fork out and pull it apart? lol. There doesn't appear to be anything that resembles the mouse. Oh and the standard issue regurge test, did it smell so bad it burns the throat?

I did not get the knife and fork on it this time , but picked it out of the faun in a clear sandwich bag and squished it around a bit but it only appeared to be squishy fur and yes oh my god it stank. It defiantly came out of her mouth as my OH watched the whole thing happen. Still leave for 10 days you think?
lotabob Posted - 05/04/2012 : 22:43:31
Doesn't look very regurgy to me. Looks like what I call a fur plait, basically fur doesn't digest and once in a while they poop out these twisted masses of fur. Did you have a more close look at it, get the knife and fork out and pull it apart? lol. There doesn't appear to be anything that resembles the mouse. Oh and the standard issue regurge test, did it smell so bad it burns the throat?
marc_sg Posted - 05/04/2012 : 22:34:26
thats a full regurge. leave it 10 days and try again with a smaller meal. and if she keeps it down the try again after another 10 days with her normal sized food item.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000