The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 shedding problem

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
aboynton Posted - 16/01/2012 : 20:53:51
hi, form your support on here I now know that my snake is on the 'chubby side' and im not monitoring his feeding more carefull and ensurin he gets plenty of play and exersize.
The last 2 sheds he has really struggled with. He sheds to about half way down his body but then instead of peeling off smoothly all the way, it all gathers up around the middle of his body-it almost looks like a thick tight band around him. Last time i put a towel in the bottom of the bath with a little bit of water which seemed to loosen the skin and he was then able to 'rub it off' on the hides in his viv. Have you got any idea why this has started happening-hes 8 years old and never had problems shedding in the past? Im just concerend that it might happen when im not home.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 18/01/2012 : 17:48:28
1) He is fat so the thin skin of the top of him is having to stratch round its big ass and getting stuck.

2) Humidity must be too low.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000