The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 shed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tona Posted - 19/12/2011 : 22:06:13
my corn has shed for the first time with me and still has his old skin covering about a cm of the end of his tail, i have tried to get it off but it wont... what can i do ? /:
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
marlin Posted - 27/12/2011 : 15:06:47
Kelloggs always seems to retain a small section of the tail end. The dipping it into water to soak it and then letting him slide through warm damp kitchen roll helps in the end. It takes a bit of patience but don't get frustrated and try to peel it! We had to keep trying on and off for a couple of days last time but it slipped off in the end. As lotabob says - Don't Panic!
lotabob Posted - 21/12/2011 : 00:07:14
Don't panic its not a massive issue just yet, what you are aiming to do is just get some moisture into the retained skin and then apply only just enough friction to the skin for it to be removed, its not difficult and there is no secret method. I had this problem before and I just held Spot and had a bowl of water and let him crawl through my fingers with my hands in the bowl, it took about 5 minutes and I gently closed my fingers as he slid through them and the skin came off. My Python had a terrible shed at the weekend and he went into a damp pillowcase for 10 minutes, he went back into the viv and he did the rest so there is a few methods that work.
tona Posted - 20/12/2011 : 22:35:59
i have tried what it says to get it off his tail but it wont ):
gmac Posted - 19/12/2011 : 22:29:47
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12296 dealing with a retained shed part you want to read :D

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000