The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Shedding problem

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
auzzy Posted - 12/12/2011 : 08:15:49
Hi, I have a corn snake a few months old which shed for the first time (I've only had him 2 weeks). The skin came off whole except for 3-4cm at the tail, which I managed to remove a few days later following the advice on this forum. My snake visibly looks fine now, however I'm still concerned there is a few milimetres right at the tip that was not removed (the shed I removed had a tiny hole at the end, rather than closing to a point).

This is my first snake so I'm not really sure what is normal yet. The tail is so small and thin at the end, how can I tell if all the skin has been removed? Does it sound like I should be concerned?

Thanks in advance, Auzzy
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
auzzy Posted - 20/01/2012 : 08:35:16
Mamma, Mohikan,

Thank you for your advice. It was a little difficult to tell how much was left, but the method seemed to work well, and my snake has been looking healthy since.

Much appreciated
mohikan22 Posted - 17/12/2011 : 10:35:45
i can second his answer above me, its what i have had to do to two of my snakes recently. it works, i used a damp towel and had them run through my hands/towel a few times. loosens off, IF it fails leave a damp flannel/towel in with your snake, that worked for my smaller norm morph
Mamma Posted - 12/12/2011 : 10:09:39
if you feel there is any retained shed on the snake then what to do is wet a towel with luke warm water and wring it out slightly. So the towel is just damp. Then let the snake slither through it a few times. This should hopefully remove any retained shed you are worried he still might have

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000