The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Back down a size??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cattNmo Posted - 08/11/2011 : 21:54:00
Ok so this is not one i've seen posted on here before but....

I feed Mo on Sunday night with his first small mouse. It was not easy for him to take and it stretched him well behind the head, but he was quite happy to eat it. Tonight I have gone to get him out and he still seems to have quite a decent lump of mouse. none of his temps ect have changed. Given the lump I have not got him out to handle.

As he seems not to digest small mice within two days would I be better to go back down to a fluff once a week. Thoughts please.....

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cattNmo Posted - 09/11/2011 : 20:13:45
Like i said i left him yesterday he has been out tonight and looks his normal self. So made my mind up that i'll leave him on smalls and give him a little extra time to digest it. Think for a few weeks he will refuse to feed once a week but we'll see how he gos. New pics of them all as soon as Charlie ok to come out. Thanks for the help guys
hillzi Posted - 09/11/2011 : 15:07:44
Then once he's got used to the time to digest his bigger meal the times taken to digest it will decrease and it will be eventually be the same time he took to digest fluffs, it's all about the size of the meal to the size of the snake ratio and as he grows it will take less time to digest it.
Mamma Posted - 09/11/2011 : 09:53:14
quote:
Originally posted by garrie

I noticed the same when I move AURYN up from 1 small to 2 when on his way to mediums (which will be a couple of weeks from now). I simply just left him for another day and all was fine.

I do this too. An extra day means they have the extra time to digest the larger feed.
garrie Posted - 09/11/2011 : 09:01:38
I noticed the same when I move AURYN up from 1 small to 2 when on his way to mediums (which will be a couple of weeks from now). I simply just left him for another day and all was fine.
lotabob Posted - 08/11/2011 : 22:55:30
It does take a bit longer when you go up a size but they soon grow and the lump doesn't look so prominent. I feed on a Sunday too, Monday and Tuesday are digesting days though by Tuesday Spot will normally have a wander, on Wednesday he's normally left me a present when I get home from work and comes out for a play while I clean up his messiness.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000