Back down a size??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cattNmo
Hatchling

182 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  21:54:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok so this is not one i've seen posted on here before but....

I feed Mo on Sunday night with his first small mouse. It was not easy for him to take and it stretched him well behind the head, but he was quite happy to eat it. Tonight I have gone to get him out and he still seems to have quite a decent lump of mouse. none of his temps ect have changed. Given the lump I have not got him out to handle.

As he seems not to digest small mice within two days would I be better to go back down to a fluff once a week. Thoughts please.....

Three corns, a dog, a cat, 2 kids and a future husband, Yes its a MAD HOUSE in leicester area.

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  22:55:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It does take a bit longer when you go up a size but they soon grow and the lump doesn't look so prominent. I feed on a Sunday too, Monday and Tuesday are digesting days though by Tuesday Spot will normally have a wander, on Wednesday he's normally left me a present when I get home from work and comes out for a play while I clean up his messiness.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

garrie
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1148 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2011 :  09:01:38  Show Profile  Visit garrie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I noticed the same when I move AURYN up from 1 small to 2 when on his way to mediums (which will be a couple of weeks from now). I simply just left him for another day and all was fine.

^click for more pics^
Garrie - Halesworth, Suffolk. 1.0 AURYN (fire morph corn) 0.1 Puzzle (Cat)
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2011 :  09:53:14  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by garrie

I noticed the same when I move AURYN up from 1 small to 2 when on his way to mediums (which will be a couple of weeks from now). I simply just left him for another day and all was fine.

I do this too. An extra day means they have the extra time to digest the larger feed.

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2011 :  15:07:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Then once he's got used to the time to digest his bigger meal the times taken to digest it will decrease and it will be eventually be the same time he took to digest fluffs, it's all about the size of the meal to the size of the snake ratio and as he grows it will take less time to digest it.
Go to Top of Page

cattNmo
Hatchling

182 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2011 :  20:13:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like i said i left him yesterday he has been out tonight and looks his normal self. So made my mind up that i'll leave him on smalls and give him a little extra time to digest it. Think for a few weeks he will refuse to feed once a week but we'll see how he gos. New pics of them all as soon as Charlie ok to come out. Thanks for the help guys

Three corns, a dog, a cat, 2 kids and a future husband, Yes its a MAD HOUSE in leicester area.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000