The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Respiratory infection? :-/

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mort13 Posted - 20/10/2011 : 19:26:10
Ok,I know its not a corn but the symptoms would be the same so I hope you don't mind me asking.
I got my little Olive House snake out today and noticed some clicky sounds. There were none when he was at rest,I only heard them when I handled him,he's still quite a livewire at the mo. I've double checked his temps on they are spot on,he's active,feeding and pooing as norm so nothing out of the ordinary there.
He opened his mouth slightly a couple of times,but I couldn't see any bubbles. I haven't actually checked in his mouth as he's so tiny I just don't feel confident about doing it in case of hurting him or stressing him out too much.
I could hopefully get him to a vets tomorrow,but any advice would be great. Probably sounds daft but I'm worried on how such a small snake would react to any treatment if needed.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Figs Posted - 29/10/2011 : 13:16:23
Woohoo! Glad to hear he's feeling less snuffly
Mort13 Posted - 28/10/2011 : 12:16:56
Well I got little Ollivander out last night and theres a massive difference for the better. He's not shed yet,but he's back on kitchen roll and that seems to have made a difference so thanks gingerpony for that tip
I think my daughter thought I'd finally lost the plot though as she came in and I was sat with him held up next to my ear listening to him lol.
paulie78 Posted - 27/10/2011 : 20:49:12
Aww good luck hope he gets well soon mate
Diesel1994 Posted - 27/10/2011 : 19:15:37
One of mine had an RI, took her down to the local shop first before rushing out to vets, they listened and said she sounded like she has one, but unless they are major there is no need for a vet, i just left her and she is now fine.
I doubt it is the same with reptiles, but i also keep mice, rats etc. if they get a RI it's common practice to take them into a steamy bathroom, it works a treat :) shame it isnt quite that easy ey?
gingerpony Posted - 21/10/2011 : 20:56:01
you could also raise his temps a couple of degrees to induce what in us would be a fever to bring it all to a head, temporarily increasing humidity also helps loosen sticky mucous......and prolly wounldn't hurt with him shedding either
Mort13 Posted - 21/10/2011 : 19:29:52
Right,well I've decided to leave it a while and see if he's the same once he's shed. I do have him on aspen,so I will try him with kitchen roll too. If he sheds and theres no difference,or he starts acting differently I'll take him the vets then.
Thanks everyone.
Sta~ple Posted - 21/10/2011 : 15:05:29
One of my gets like that when due a shed and has been burrowing in aspen or been in other dusty places of if tehy have shoved tehir entire head in water and drank.
gingerpony Posted - 21/10/2011 : 14:56:37
it could be loose skin rattling around his nose or is he on aspen? i've found this too dusty for a couple of my corns and moved them back onto newspaper
Mamma Posted - 21/10/2011 : 10:38:30
Griffin gets like this when hes in blue/about to shed. xxx
Spreebok Posted - 20/10/2011 : 21:05:54
Rimmer was recently doing the same thing, and he popped into blue the next day :)
Mort13 Posted - 20/10/2011 : 20:53:30
That thought has crossed my mind. He should be due anytime as he shed just over a month ago. Feel like some neurotic parent!
Figs Posted - 20/10/2011 : 20:27:34
My Dela was like that a wee while ago; clicking and mouth opening a little.
She's perfectly fine now that she's shed though!
Maybe Olivander is due a shed and some loose skin is irritating him like it was her?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000