The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 snakes ..passive smoking..airfreshners Help please

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
emerald-snake Posted - 23/09/2011 : 21:19:31
Tommorow I get a 3 yr old cornsnake who is in fine fettle .I intend for him to live in the corner of my living room in his vivarium ( the one he has been living in for the last year not a new one ).
I do smoke, getting a snake isnt going to stop me and like most home owners on occasion i spray a bit of airfreshner around the room and do the old shake and vac ..

Pedro the red row is a present for my 11 yr old and i dont want to inadvertantly kill him through passive smoking or contact with nasty chemicals .It would be obviously be nice to watch him do his snakey thing when all that is on tv is a load of repeats .....should he live in a different room away from my cigarette smoke and should i take care regarding air freshners and the like .
I would be grateful for any advice on this subject ... solid kowledgable advice rather than personal opinions .
Thanks people I'm new on this forum and have have found all the comments extremely helpful to date .
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mamma Posted - 03/11/2011 : 20:59:57
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

quote:

Doesn't count if you try to get away from the animal and it comes running.

what animal? One of my animals?lol

No I meant in general. I'm not trashing you so don't worry :P I meant it as a joke as my cats come running when people have their fags outside.

Hahahaha no its cool
Sta~ple Posted - 03/11/2011 : 20:49:33
quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

quote:

No I meant in general. I'm not trashing you so don't worry :P I meant it as a joke as my cats come running when people have their fags outside.
Mamma Posted - 03/11/2011 : 20:41:32
quote:

Sta~ple Posted - 03/11/2011 : 20:14:34
lotabob Posted - 03/11/2011 : 19:48:52
I know I saw.
Mamma Posted - 03/11/2011 : 19:48:21
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

Oh dear oh dear, I just hope that people don't take this topic as a green light for smoking around their animals. I'd like to hope that people would know better in the first place.

I dont. I already said so.
Sta~ple Posted - 03/11/2011 : 19:38:49
Well I'm glad my kitties are fine on passive smoking fags and cheesy nibblets instead of all your hippie cats :o
lotabob Posted - 03/11/2011 : 19:33:08
Oh dear oh dear, I just hope that people don't take this topic as a green light for smoking around their animals. I'd like to hope that people would know better in the first place.
Mamma Posted - 03/11/2011 : 14:44:04
I have alot of medical problems. Hence why I smoke it. My doc knows I smoke it im quite open about it. The whole debate on whether it should be legalized for medicinal purposes... in my opinion, for those with serious medical problems then yes
Kez Posted - 03/11/2011 : 14:04:17
LOL, who needs catnip when there's hashish on the premises!
jonoandapril Posted - 03/11/2011 : 12:27:00
dear lord theres alot of very relaxed members here. i would join you, but im not allowed :( as for the origional q, i dont think if the snake is in a viv it'l actually get that much passive. i wouldnt worry about it to much mate.
Mort13 Posted - 31/10/2011 : 15:03:17
quote:
Originally posted by garrie

Puzzle (our cat) isn't fussed by smoking stuff (green, hash, tobacco) at all...however, a friends cat (Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (Wolfie for short)) will ALWAYS run off and hide hash...and the stash has NEVER been found, so either Wolfie eats it or my friend is going to eventually find the motherload!!

Lol,thats gonna be one mega chilled out cat!!
c00ki3z Posted - 31/10/2011 : 13:58:02
quote:
Originally posted by garrie
my friend is going to eventually find the motherload!!

What a pleasure that would be when you didn't have any :P
garrie Posted - 31/10/2011 : 12:55:25
Puzzle (our cat) isn't fussed by smoking stuff (green, hash, tobacco) at all...however, a friends cat (Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (Wolfie for short)) will ALWAYS run off and hide hash...and the stash has NEVER been found, so either Wolfie eats it or my friend is going to eventually find the motherload!!
Mamma Posted - 31/10/2011 : 10:48:24
One of our cats will run away with our green. She will hunt it down, make her way into where it is hidden and run off with it :| This happens on a daily basis. (I have green every night when the kids are asleep. Works much better than all the rubbish meds the hosp have me on)

However we dont smoke that or fags in the house cos of the kids, we have a wee cupboard at the back of the house that has the back door in it. We sit in the cupboard with the back door open and the door leading to the kitchen/rest of the house shut lol. It is referred to as the smoking cupboard and the kids know not to go in it.
c00ki3z Posted - 31/10/2011 : 09:49:05
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Whereas I have a fierce battle with my cat every night when I break out the bong.
The cat always wins and gets the best tokes simply because she has sharper claws.

Funny, our cat hates it.. My partner is evil to her..calling her over letting her think its food..then lets her sniff a bud. Her face screws up so much LOL
Sta~ple Posted - 31/10/2011 : 08:52:06
Have you not equipped new rocks or boots that are similar to kick this cat away? The sound of bones breaking and then a cat screaming as it hurdles over our fence onto next doors garden is a brilliant one and will be sure to win you the fight.
Kehhlyr Posted - 31/10/2011 : 00:26:24
Whereas I have a fierce battle with my cat every night when I break out the bong.
The cat always wins and gets the best tokes simply because she has sharper claws.
Sta~ple Posted - 30/10/2011 : 23:17:56
Scientist haven't 100% discovered a link between smoking and lung cancer believe it or not, it is still a debated subject amongst scientists.

My cat is currently a second hand smoker he loves it. He runs outside when my sis or dad are going out for a fag and sits next to them whilst they puff.
Kehhlyr Posted - 30/10/2011 : 22:48:40
I love the claims still that scientists have discovered links to passive smoking.
No they haven't.

There is still no real evidence that passive smoking is bad, it's all supposition and circumstantial.

My ex-wifes grandad died because of lung cancer, he never smoked anything in his life. The doctors said it was probably linked to the fact his brother smoked like a chimney, he had only ever been in a room where people had been smoking maybe twice in his life.
But that's the 'evidence' they used.
My grandad done nothing but drink and smoke from when he was about 12 (glaswegian fella, so not surprising), yet he lived a nice full life for 80 odd years until skin cancer done him in.
Maybe is he stayed out of the beer gardens he would still be alive.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000