The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 mike

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mkmattyk Posted - 13/07/2011 : 20:48:55
his he under weight managed to get photobucket up and running

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Cornsnakeluver127 Posted - 18/07/2011 : 18:07:21
well i heard that when snakies regurge it can cause some internal problems...

R.I.P little snake i would die if monty or conan died im really sorry sometimes its just not ment to be...
lotabob Posted - 14/07/2011 : 20:52:46
Sounds like an underlying issue with his digestive tract, sometimes it just happens with the little ones. Sorry for your loss.
dam Posted - 14/07/2011 : 18:40:44
RIP little snake
Mort13 Posted - 14/07/2011 : 18:16:02
Aww so sorry for your loss. R.I.P little snake.
mkmattyk Posted - 14/07/2011 : 18:09:35
to answer the questions when i first had him he was in repti maze substrate and i feed him just a picky, but when he first regurged, i asked a friend he suggested leaving him for a week to 10 days, then try feeding a pinky and cut its head off because mike looked abit small, and plus its not as much to digest and i changed the substrate to aspen because i thought it was that that made regurge, started feeding him in a 5quid exoterra box everything was ok for a couple weeks,then went back to a whole pinky, he started regurging again and then that when it all went down hill,
nusnakemum Posted - 14/07/2011 : 17:20:45
I am sorry, we still have tears from my son over our little Clyde, its so so sad but at least these little ones had good loving homes even if only for a short time.
tordyjo Posted - 14/07/2011 : 17:19:46
RIP little snakie
kdlang Posted - 14/07/2011 : 16:20:26
I'm curious to know why you were chopping the pinkies head off? Did you start feeding outside his tank after you were advised to last time or did you put something down in his tank to put the pinkie on? Was he pooing normally after he did eat?

To be honest it does sound like he had some internal issue and there may have been nothing you could do about it. I had a hatchie die last year and it felt awful not knowing if I could have done something to prevent it but sometimes it's just not meant to be.

R.I.P Little Mike
mikerichards Posted - 14/07/2011 : 16:19:10
it does sound like a little bit of an impaction, but i suspect something else, dont know what, but a week after eating a snake doesnt die because of an impaction.
Out of interest, why did you cut the head off the pinky? baby corns are well able to eat a pinky with its head intact.
mkmattyk Posted - 14/07/2011 : 13:13:39
before everything went wrong he was on repti mase substrate and i was feeding him a pinki with his head chopped off and in his tank... wonder if that where i went wrong??
mkmattyk Posted - 14/07/2011 : 12:39:39
i think it was some substrat that he digested, his body befor his vent was enlarged and he smelled of foul poo
Spreebok Posted - 14/07/2011 : 12:00:55
Poor thing, R.I.P wee one :(
Sta~ple Posted - 14/07/2011 : 10:44:57
R.I.P little snakie :(
mkmattyk Posted - 14/07/2011 : 08:17:08
a very very sad day.... mike my lovely little man has died found him 2mins ago stiff as a board, he will have a full burial for the kids
mkmattyk Posted - 14/07/2011 : 07:32:01
not very old ive only had him since the end of may and he's around 18inch long so i dont know how old he was when i bought him

ive come to inspect him this morn and his body for about an inch just before his vent is swollen and darker, but there seems to have no life in him at his head is rest on his side and he hasnt moved since last night
tordyjo Posted - 14/07/2011 : 04:58:17
how old is he?
gmac Posted - 14/07/2011 : 01:51:12
quote:
Originally posted by mkmattyk

just tried to feed him today and wasnt interested not even a tongue slither at it, its like hes not interested at all, feed him a pink same time last week with the head off and he to it but not today, thats why i think he abit under weight

because he didnt eat today you think hes underweght cant really tell from the photo that hes underweight but how has he been eating previously.

It may well be there are underlying issues with this one, can you tell us housing temps what regulates temps how you monitor temps etc gives us a better idea how to help you.

Dont give the snake a bath in anything that is deeper than half the thickness of your snake, if it is that lethargic then it would only stress it out by forcing it to try and stay afloat. However if your snake is drinking just give some reptoboost into the drinking water.
lotabob Posted - 14/07/2011 : 00:03:15
You need to get some reptoboost tomorrow but as a matter of urgency you can use powerade diluted and give him a bath in it. If you can get to a shop now and get some powerade give him a bath in 50/50 powerade to water about an inch depth. Might pick him up a bit.
dam Posted - 13/07/2011 : 23:57:13
not great with morphs so cant answer that, mine looks like yours is 11 months old and is a fussy eater fingers crossed he is ok i know how you feel, he looks lovely little snake good luck with him
mkmattyk Posted - 13/07/2011 : 22:59:26
just checked him now and hes just not moving at all, all floppy no tongue action, i really think he wont make the night, cant believe hes like this, we was worried last week but when he ate he was full of life, like when we bought him, i really hope hes ok

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000