The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 underweight snake ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Nicole.x Posted - 08/06/2011 : 18:27:19
Today was my first 'proper' handling of my hatchling, and after reading a post about snakes weight a few days ago I'm now a little worried about Simba;

(sorry these aren't the best of photos)
she's about 5 months old, I've had her around 4 weeks and the last three Sundays she's been eating a single pinkie...
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Cornsnakeluver127 Posted - 22/07/2011 : 10:57:08
i would say carolina as i have a carolina hatchling and he looks like her. BTW i often thought this question but i have found that people have been saying that a snake should look like a loaf of bread. flat at the underscales( i have no idea what they are called!) and more rounded at the top. and underweight snake will look like a tolberone bar and overweight snakes look like sausiges and from the picks your snake looks fine :D

lovely snake!
Nicole.x Posted - 10/06/2011 : 14:23:57
I measured her today she a tiny bit over 13inches - so she's not far off a lot of those I've seen on here anyway (a)
She took quite awhile to settle but now she has she's absolutley lovely to handle :D
ah, if anyones good with morphs I'd love to know what she actually is? I've guessed a carlonia from pictures on here but I definitely a complete ametuer :L
tarotpodge Posted - 09/06/2011 : 09:42:39
the same pattern and colour of one of the new additions.....beautifull....
stuart619 Posted - 09/06/2011 : 07:09:41
Yeah don't worry yourself... I had a corn who was only 18g at a year old and then within 6 months she put on 90g. Once she gets off pinkies (i presume she is on pinkies???) and on to fuzzies the weight will pile on.

By the way she's a lovely looking snake
lotabob Posted - 08/06/2011 : 23:49:19
She looks a lovely shape and size. A lovely little snake indeed.
Nicole.x Posted - 08/06/2011 : 23:06:48
Ah okay, very reassured now. thank you guys! :D
tordyjo Posted - 08/06/2011 : 21:09:41
i've one who is 9 months and again is only 23g but loves her food and is very active
Mamma Posted - 08/06/2011 : 20:48:41
I doubt shes underweight. She looks a good size and weight for a corn of her age. All snakes are different. For example my ghost motley corn is 11 months and only 22g. But hes fine and healthy xxx
Nicole.x Posted - 08/06/2011 : 18:40:45
around 15g - can't be exactly sure as I don't have any digital scales at the moment so I've used dial kitchen scales
Mamma Posted - 08/06/2011 : 18:29:42
what does she actually weigh?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000