The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Twilight seems to have hurt his head

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sammysnake Posted - 06/06/2011 : 08:16:45
Hi guys. Noticed some damage on top of Twilight's head last night. It's dented in so I'm wondering if he's bashed himself and scraped the scales off or something. He has a new branch in his viv that I found in the woods but I carefully sanded any sharp bits as well as disinfecting it before putting it in. Is it anything to worry about or should I just leave it until he sheds again and see what happens? He last shed 10 days ago and I'm sure he was fine after that. Cheers.

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 06/06/2011 : 23:04:57
It does look very superficial and will shed out no issues. Spot bashed his nose too and it shed out in one go. Silly monkeys they are need some foam stoppers on their snout.
herriotfan Posted - 06/06/2011 : 21:16:22
Awwww, bless him. He's been exploring a tad too enthusiastically me thinks, maybe looking to see if the new place has any females too!!! Such a handsome boy would have no trouble getting the girls !!
Sammysnake Posted - 06/06/2011 : 20:59:52
quote:
Probably not the cause but just to check, the wound seems to run down his neck a bit too, do you have any un-guarded lights or does he go under his heat mat or something?

He's just moved into a new 3ft viv with a lot of new 'furniture'so he's been exploring his new environment a lot and trying to push things around. Probably happened then. No unguarded lights but he did manage to get under his new and bigger heatmat and moved the probe off it a couple of times so there's been some rearranging going on and the addition of a big rock to pin down the back of the mat and the probe to keep them in one place. It all seems fine now. As you rightly say, he's got a few little scrapes along the top of his neck too but they're minor. He's always trying to wedge himself under something!

Thanks everyone for your replies. I thought it would probably heal itself but wanted to check it wasn't some nasty disease from his new branch or something. Better safe than sorry. Thanks too for all your kind words about how beautiful he is. I'm very proud of him and my husband gets very jealous and keeps telling me off for constantly cooing over him.
lotabob Posted - 06/06/2011 : 18:30:58
Probably not the cause but just to check, the wound seems to run down his neck a bit too, do you have any un-guarded lights or does he go under his heat mat or something?
Spreebok Posted - 06/06/2011 : 15:00:20
Dont worry, Lister has the same thing! Someone fiffled with the wires when he was in a faun, dislodging the tissue wedged in to seal the hole. I found him with his head poking out, looking very silly! Prodded him back in and he's had a scrape there ever since! He doesn't shed much though, had him 4 months and we're only just about to have a second shed, so it's still there! Just make sure the scales come off during a shed, it's certainly a lot shallower than Listers, and he's fine! :)

Boggleeyes' head:
kdlang Posted - 06/06/2011 : 12:19:22
Certainly looks like damage caused by over zealous exploring. Alice damaged the top of his nose trying to get out to find a lady friend. It has completely disappeared after 3 sheds and looked deeper than Twilights damage so I'm sure his will be fine after a shed or 2.

BTW we have missed seeing pics of Twilight and he is really gorgeous. My favourite anery. I request another thread with lots of pics to show him off properly please
EmmaJayne Posted - 06/06/2011 : 10:48:33
He has some realy lovely markings :)
Mamma Posted - 06/06/2011 : 08:59:02
^^ this. Hes a beautiful looking corn
gingerpony Posted - 06/06/2011 : 08:44:43
just a few damaged scales, probably from trying to get somewhere he shouldn't be!

it should disappear with his next shed, no treatment necessary

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000