The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Lifespan

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tarotpodge Posted - 27/05/2011 : 21:27:34
My girl (i say girl but dont know for sure) is 11 years old. As with all areas of corn care, there is alot of conflicting information out there on the web regarding possible expected lifespan for corns. What are your experiances
is there any extra care needed for our elderly friends...
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tarotpodge Posted - 06/06/2011 : 19:58:38
phoenix has actually improved with her shed as she has got older. it used to tear (never any problems) but now sheds whole and cleanly.
gingerpony Posted - 06/06/2011 : 08:42:35
when they hit about 8 years old their colouring often does get darker
Sta~ple Posted - 06/06/2011 : 00:09:49
My oldest guy is comming up to 13 and I have another about 12/11. Only thing I have noticed is that they have gotton a bit duller in colour and they never used to have any problems shedding, now sometimes there will be retained tail bits or not all whole sheds as they used too. Not sure how long I expect them to live, maybe 15-18 since one is over wieght and another has alayws been a fussy cow.
tarotpodge Posted - 02/06/2011 : 20:34:32
makes no difference how old they live to me. one of those how long is a piece of string questions, lol. just interested in others experiance. :-)
Only1Nitro Posted - 01/06/2011 : 21:15:14
i was under the impression 25-30??

either way its not a hamster that will die soon a snake is a long term commitment and if you get bored easily maybe this isn't the pet for you
Ruby Rose Posted - 29/05/2011 : 15:55:50
As with any captive bred animal, as long as your snakes are well cared for they can and do live into their early twenties. I have a few OAP snakes and am expecting them to reach their early twenties and I monitor them just as carefully as all my other snakes.
tarotpodge Posted - 29/05/2011 : 15:47:59
thanks for that. there is so much conflicting info out there its hard to get the facts. This is a great place to get answers from people who have experianced it.
gingerpony Posted - 28/05/2011 : 22:31:11
there's a few of us with corns in their late teens, and i for one fully expect my OAP to live into his early 20s

my OAP did have trouble shedding a few years ago but now he sheds absolutely fine, i had previously put it down to his age but maybe not! i'm quite careful about his diet and monitor his weight to make sure he doesn't gain or lose any but apart from that i treat him like any other corn and you really wouldn't guess his age
tordyjo Posted - 28/05/2011 : 10:30:55
I've got my first corn in feb this year, asked lots of questions for months before getting him doing my research etc and was told by other snake keepers that corns in captivity can expect to live anything up to 20 years and possibly beyond - i've already been informed by my 10 year old daughter she wants to take him when she moves out - not sure about that like :) i love him

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000