The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Strange Scales - Help

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lucyloop Posted - 20/05/2011 : 20:54:26
I have taken Tiko out to feed this evening and noticed he has a grey "dusty" looking line about 2" long on his back. On closer inspection they look like dusty and grey, not rotten just not healthy. He is due a shed soon as usually goes 6-7 weeks between times but its now been 8 weeks and he hasnt (noticeably) gone into blue. I examined him a bit and gave them a little rub incase they were dirty/dust but they dont budge. I have taken a few pics which dont show the problem as well as I would have hoped but let me know what you think. Also I went to feed him after as usual but he did not eat - however, I think this is as he had been prodded etc prior to this. He has never had shed problems but I have added a moss box in his house, he is currently in it (I have tried one before but he had never been interesed). Any advise would be appreciated. Thank you.

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mamma Posted - 21/05/2011 : 10:00:23
glad snake is ok
lucyloop Posted - 20/05/2011 : 21:13:42
and that is why i love this forum, snake wiped with damp kitchen towel and most of it seems to have come off, still bits under the scale edges but I assume these will come off with shed. thanks so much Mike - saved me a night of worry. Will check him again tomorrow just to make sure its all gone still.
mikerichards Posted - 20/05/2011 : 20:59:48
Have you tried to wipe clean with a damp cloth?? if you fed it recently then it could be dried 'fluids' from the food.
Looks to me like dried something, i reckon that will wipe off.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000