The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 HELP - He is a She

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alyson19802 Posted - 19/05/2011 : 18:16:36
Just got home to check on Bailey and there are about 10 eggs with her in her warm hide what do I do need advice Please
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alyson19802 Posted - 25/05/2011 : 09:02:13
LOL very retro 80's
lotabob Posted - 25/05/2011 : 01:09:38
Awwww You'll have to call which ever one comes out of that beating egg Nick Berry.
Alyson19802 Posted - 24/05/2011 : 22:16:06
Yes it was lol

Checked on the eggs tonight as they had been in there since Sat and was advised to torch them to see if they were viable

I made sure I was very very gentle and careful with each of them and guess what ........ At least 8 have red vein masses and one I could even see a tiny tiny heart beat I know I prob sound mad but got the OH to have a look too and it def looked like a little heart beat

I am now super excited :0)
Mort13 Posted - 24/05/2011 : 11:49:46
Wow,thats one hell of a surprise you've had there!! Hope all goes well for you.
Alyson19802 Posted - 23/05/2011 : 23:08:07
She does look blue her eyes are clouded over so I think I may leave her until the end of the week and see how she is then

Ill get the pics up tomorrow promise lol
gingerpony Posted - 23/05/2011 : 22:49:58
pics always help and try not to worry!

my anery motley girl was quite reluctant to eat, even after her post-lay shed, i had to badger her with the mouse and basically get her cross enough to strike at it defensively, then she seemed to realise what to do again and struck and constricted it, but wouldn't actually eat it till i left her completely alone
Alyson19802 Posted - 23/05/2011 : 22:45:46
Cheers ginger pony worrying like mad about her as its all so new to me
I will post some pics of the eggs tomorrow as I am not sure if they are ok and if I should continue with the incubatinn
gingerpony Posted - 23/05/2011 : 22:40:07
the vibrations are actually from the heatmat, it's weird but true - just move her off the mat and the vibrations will stop, or if your run a mat through a pulse stat you might feel the snake vibrate in pulse during the 'on' part of the pulse cycle - and long-winded way of saying don't worry about it

some females aren't interested in food straight away, some wait for their post-natal shed to happen then start eating again
Alyson19802 Posted - 23/05/2011 : 22:36:22
Am I to worry Bailey still hasn't come out from her hot hide since we took the eggs out
She didn't take the food I left for her on Sunday and when I lifted the hide to check on her this evening she is still vibrating when you touch her
Alyson19802 Posted - 21/05/2011 : 22:33:49
Having spoken to the guy who had her before me Bailey Boo as I now call her will have either have been with a Caramel or Amel all eggs now incubating so will now by Weds if they come to anything
22 in total including 1 slug
Thank god for Tanya (or Tiger) as she is known lol I would have been lost x
Ailsa Posted - 20/05/2011 : 15:13:02
Wow indeed what a surprise for you having Bailey lay eggs, not stressing and getting them in an incubator as soon as you can will give them the best possible chance in life and I wish you the very best of luck with the eggs and I really hope they hatch out healthy and fit little hatchlings.
Alyson19802 Posted - 19/05/2011 : 23:14:55
Cheers bob that has made me feel slightly less panicky
I am trying to not let my heart rule my head this time
sods law it would happen when u least expect it
lotabob Posted - 19/05/2011 : 23:07:46
quote:
Originally posted by Alyson19802

I am shocked and nervous to be honest I have read another post with someone else injust had a clutch ..... i will def do my research but I also know I need to be realistic about my ability to look after them
I am going to sleep on it let Bailey have the overnight and see what my friend recomends tom she has a lot more experience than me
out of intrest as she is a snow from memory she was in with two hpyo presuming that one is the daddy what would the morphs be
I really dont want to sound harsh but I dont want to add to the already overload of unwanted babies I feel awful writing that but if its kinder to put them in the freezer I just want to do whats best really
thanks everyone x

If only more people were like you, makes a refreshing change to see someone who sees and understands the long term implications of these eggs. Whatever you decide to do will be the right decision because either way you will continue to care for your snake in the best way possible and should you incubate these eggs they will get the same treatment until you find them homes. Win win.
Alyson19802 Posted - 19/05/2011 : 22:31:57
Thanks gingerpony I am crazy about Bailey and I am still learning hence all my posts
but I am very aware of whats needed care wise and want to be resposible and for once not just rush into it lol
I will keep u all updated but on a good note at least it explains her lack of intrest in food
It does make me think she is going to be a super snake as she has been so good in the last few weeks never even hissed at me bless her, Ithink I love her more now
gingerpony Posted - 19/05/2011 : 21:51:54
quote:
Originally posted by Alyson19802

I am shocked and nervous to be honest I have read another post with someone else injust had a clutch ..... i will def do my research but I also know I need to be realistic about my ability to look after them

that particular person was advised to split up her male and female corn months ago, amongst other advice regarding her poor husbandry. because she chose to ignore that advice and not improve how she looked after her snakes, that's why i came down on her like a ton of bricks. IMO if she can't properly look after the snakes that she already has there's no way she should hatch more poor unfortunate little snakes.

people that ask advice, take it on board and make changes to benefit them and their snakes are welcome here
Alyson19802 Posted - 19/05/2011 : 21:51:43
Thanks Gmac will sleep on it x
gmac Posted - 19/05/2011 : 21:42:53
from snow x hypo all would be normal het for anery amel and hypo, However anery and amel being the most popular hets you may get some surprises from the clutch.
Alyson19802 Posted - 19/05/2011 : 21:38:52
I am going to sleep on it let Bailey have the overnight and see what my friend recomends tom she has a lot more experience than me
out of intrest as she is a snow from memory she was in with two hpyo presuming that one is the daddy what would the morphs be
I really dont want to sound harsh but I dont want to add to the already overload of unwanted babies I feel awful writing that but if its kinder to put them in the freezer I just want to do whats best really
thanks everyone x
Invalid User Posted - 19/05/2011 : 21:30:03
Wow, what a surprise!

Good luck with the eggs. Wonder what the babies will be like!

gingerpony Posted - 19/05/2011 : 21:28:37
and update your sig to read '0.1.0 Snow Corn' Bailey could still be a girls name though

congrats on the clutch and glad your friend could help out

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000