The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Flakey sking not better + some pics!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LynneM_212 Posted - 21/04/2011 : 16:55:15
Hey guys,

Since ive moved valentine into a rub so the heat mat is physically outside the rub and not in the tank like it was before.... his skin still hasnt got any better.!!!

its really hard to get pics of it as hes a fidgit and the flakes are tiny but here are some ... hope you can see and help !!

Thinking of taking him to a vet if it doesnt get better in the next couple of days !! which is very expensive just for a consulatation so dont want to go if there is any way possible any one can help me!!

can you see the little bits of flakey skin sticking up .... its deff not normal is it??

any idea guys?? would really appreciate it :)
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
a33272 Posted - 04/05/2011 : 10:53:30
mine often gets buts sticking up, i just put it down to her moving bacwards when shes sqeezed herself under things an it just lifts the tip an edges up
LynneM_212 Posted - 04/05/2011 : 10:41:51
really?? Because mine has got slightly worse, theres more of it ... he is an extremely active snake!!

So you guys think there isnt really anything wrong, its just where he moves alot... wait for him to shed and hope it goes down a bit ..???

I even changed his whole tank from a glass tak to a rub because i was worried he was burning himself but obviously not ??

So you think i should stop worrying yes lool??
eeji Posted - 03/05/2011 : 21:20:30
If its not getting any worse don't worry about it, its just wear and tear on the skin.
snowstripe420 Posted - 03/05/2011 : 16:40:57
ok sounds good. :)I put a second, larger water dish in the middle of his tank for a day and i ran him thru some paper towel in my hand and all but one little piece of skin came off :)
gingerpony Posted - 03/05/2011 : 13:13:35
i'd personally leave it a few sheds to fully resolve.......snakes don't heal that quickly!!
Sta~ple Posted - 03/05/2011 : 10:40:14
My yearling currently has this, I presume it was cause by slithering backwards at some point. As long as it does not look sore and the skin underneath is fine there should be no problem.
LynneM_212 Posted - 03/05/2011 : 10:04:27
Hey ,

No it hasnt Healed, personally i think its getting worse... there seems to be more tiny little bits!!!

My dad thinks im over reacting, and should wait for his next shed like i was advised on here!!

But im getting worried now !! as i dont want to leave it too long !!!

snowstripe420 Posted - 02/05/2011 : 06:06:30
Did his skin heal? Any Know causes? Noticed otis has the same thing today..
gingerpony Posted - 27/04/2011 : 09:41:21
try a damp hide for a few days then rub him over gently with a damp flannel/cloth, see if that works
LynneM_212 Posted - 27/04/2011 : 09:09:14
Gingerpony - i tried giving him a bath twice and he hated it lasted all of a few seconds all he kept doing was trying to get out !!

So do you think it may be worth trying a moss hide in there at the moment??

He shed and his new skin was fine ... and then suddenly it came up .... i think it was to do with his old tank and going under the heat mat but its not getting any better if anything there is slightly more of it and when i held him yesterday where it is flakey its very very dry !!

gingerpony Posted - 21/04/2011 : 21:21:17
has he shed since you noticed it? it could take a shed or two or longer to resolve itself

i'd be inclined to put in some damp hides (removing the usual ones) for 2-3 days (as preparation to soften the skin) then give him a bath and towel him dry to see if that removes the bits of skin
lotabob Posted - 21/04/2011 : 18:49:20
A snake doesn't heal like we do, their repairs happen underneath and then they shed off the knackered bits. You'll have to put up with a scruffy snake until he sheds.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000