The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 not pooping again!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DonnaMarch Posted - 24/02/2011 : 18:38:21
My corn is not passing faeces again. I had this problem with him late last year and the vet done a check over and xray for any obstructions coz he was taking a couple of weeks to pass. She also advised me to use small mice instead as i was using large ones. As soon as i started using small mice he began passing faeces 2-3 days after eating and got in a good routine of it. Now after two months of a good routine he hasn't passed since last Tuesday. He hasn't been staying over at his hot side of his tank that often. The temp over on the hot side is 29 degrees. Is he maybe just constipated?

She also advised me to use a spot light or a UV light (for calcium etc i always thought they were for lizards!) I used a spot light before and they were a nightmare to control for heat. I use a heat mat that covers a quater of the viv and have a cool end which is at 20 degrees right now. Was thinking of buying a bigger heat mat to cover at least half the tank.

If anyone can give me any advice i would be grateful.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
DonnaMarch Posted - 25/02/2011 : 14:45:39
yeah i give him a warm bath nearly everyday.

i've noticed he is making a wheezing sound again. I have had him checked for a resp infection and antibiotics giving but it still happens now and again. It began again when i got a heat mat that covered almost 3/4 of the tank but i changed it to one for 1/3. He had this probem before when i used the spot light and i was told it could be the humidity so i used a heat mat instead and it stopped. I'm really stumped at what could be causing this. I know its not a obstruction coz he has been x rayed.
lotabob Posted - 24/02/2011 : 21:42:15
Warm bath tecnique but be super careful about temp, too cold or too hot will send the snake into shock.
ukglyn Posted - 24/02/2011 : 21:35:47
+1 for the warm bath trick, it ALWAYS works wonders, just dont have it too warm.
Sta~ple Posted - 24/02/2011 : 18:43:01
Is he due for a shed?
UV won't do anything. You only need once source of heat too, either a spot light or heatmat. A heatmat that covers a 1/3 of the viv would be best.

Some snakes just take a while to go. Have you tried a warmish bath? Like a bot or water in a tub, not deep so he can swim but rather just slither in and having the water at like 27-29c? That makes them poo!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000