The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Damaged Scales

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sarah1 Posted - 20/02/2011 : 19:02:09
Hi, I have two adult corn snakes that have lived happily together for years, always been in great condition but this morning I noticed the smaller of the two, Harvey has damaged the skin on his neck. It looks like he's scraped his skin on something creating a bare patch which has rubbed along making a small mound of skin. He hasnt damaged his eyes or mouth and seems his usually inquisitive self so im not necessarily too worried but im not sure how to tell if it becomes infected. It doesnt look like its bled.

When he was younger he escaped for 18 months! when i found him he had a pretty large fully healed scar on his body so obviously in the wild they can over come injuries (that injury would have been worse than this one) but any advice and second opinions on this new wound would be much appreciated as ive never really had to deal with any problems before.

Also the cause of it concerns me. The only thing i can think of is the guard surrounding their heat lamp but theyve had that for years! I was shocked that this has happened.

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 20/02/2011 : 19:19:44
No problems.
Sarah1 Posted - 20/02/2011 : 19:14:27
i will certainly keep the wound clean. it seems to be a scrape rather than a bite. They spend alot of time curled up together and my other snake has no damage what so ever. I personally think a fight is highly unlikely in this case but definatly appreciate the help.
lotabob Posted - 20/02/2011 : 19:06:42
You can buy some http://www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk/zoo-med-repti-wound-healing-aid-30ml.html to help keep the wound clean.

I really dont want to kick off another cohab debate but can you 100% rule out this wound is not a result of a fight?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000