The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Shedding?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
AliciaRose Posted - 15/02/2011 : 10:33:03
Just got Mitch out for a play as he's been in his tank for 2 days after eating, and noticed his skin is looking grey, feels kind of sticky too, like when he goes through my hand i can feel him stick to me.
Could he be shedding?
He last shed a month ago, when he was around 5 months old.
Checked his eyes though and they seem normal, if theres any other things it could be, let me know.
Thankyou!
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gmac Posted - 15/02/2011 : 22:56:35
quote:
Originally posted by josh.nos

my snake is about 1yo, he is also going a grey colour, and his eyes have gone kind of misty. should i be worried? also he is getting extremly agressive, he strikes the side of the tank if i go near it and when i pick him up he always bites me, this has only just started happening and this is my first snake, so i dont know weather to be worried :S PLEASE HELP!!!

sounds like its going into shed, and as such they eyesight will diminish over this time so the striking out is the only defence they have as it may feel threatened, best just leave be until it sheds.
n/a Posted - 15/02/2011 : 22:52:32
my snake is about 1yo, he is also going a grey colour, and his eyes have gone kind of misty. should i be worried? also he is getting extremly agressive, he strikes the side of the tank if i go near it and when i pick him up he always bites me, this has only just started happening and this is my first snake, so i dont know weather to be worried :S PLEASE HELP!!!
lotabob Posted - 15/02/2011 : 18:57:14
A fresh shed will have a stickyish feel to them but thats inside out so the bit you touch is the underside of the skin. I've no idea about feeling sticky on the outside though. Spot is squeaky like a clean plate but never sticky.
Invalid User Posted - 15/02/2011 : 11:24:56
I think I know what you mean as the sheds I find afterwards have a kind of sticky feel to them :)

You should have a nice shiny snake in a few days :)
AliciaRose Posted - 15/02/2011 : 11:17:21
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

They gey colour sounds like he's going into shed but my snakes never feel sticky!

You may have missed his eyes going cloudy as they do clear again before they shed. Time sounds about right 2 so he is due a shed.

Thanks Louise, I dont know how to explain the stickyness, just feels like he needs to bathe but he only really goes in the water after eating, i'll just leave him a couple of days, see how he gets on. Dont want to bother him if he's going to shed.
Invalid User Posted - 15/02/2011 : 11:09:05
They gey colour sounds like he's going into shed but my snakes never feel sticky!

You may have missed his eyes going cloudy as they do clear again before they shed. Time sounds about right 2 so he is due a shed.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000