New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AliciaRose
Hatchling

United Kingdom
102 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2011 :  10:33:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got Mitch out for a play as he's been in his tank for 2 days after eating, and noticed his skin is looking grey, feels kind of sticky too, like when he goes through my hand i can feel him stick to me.
Could he be shedding?
He last shed a month ago, when he was around 5 months old.
Checked his eyes though and they seem normal, if theres any other things it could be, let me know.
Thankyou!

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2011 :  11:09:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They gey colour sounds like he's going into shed but my snakes never feel sticky!

You may have missed his eyes going cloudy as they do clear again before they shed. Time sounds about right 2 so he is due a shed.
Go to Top of Page

AliciaRose
Hatchling

United Kingdom
102 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2011 :  11:17:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

They gey colour sounds like he's going into shed but my snakes never feel sticky!

You may have missed his eyes going cloudy as they do clear again before they shed. Time sounds about right 2 so he is due a shed.

Thanks Louise, I dont know how to explain the stickyness, just feels like he needs to bathe but he only really goes in the water after eating, i'll just leave him a couple of days, see how he gets on. Dont want to bother him if he's going to shed.

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2011 :  11:24:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I know what you mean as the sheds I find afterwards have a kind of sticky feel to them :)

You should have a nice shiny snake in a few days :)
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2011 :  18:57:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A fresh shed will have a stickyish feel to them but thats inside out so the bit you touch is the underside of the skin. I've no idea about feeling sticky on the outside though. Spot is squeaky like a clean plate but never sticky.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2011 :  22:52:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my snake is about 1yo, he is also going a grey colour, and his eyes have gone kind of misty. should i be worried? also he is getting extremly agressive, he strikes the side of the tank if i go near it and when i pick him up he always bites me, this has only just started happening and this is my first snake, so i dont know weather to be worried :S PLEASE HELP!!!
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2011 :  22:56:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by josh.nos

my snake is about 1yo, he is also going a grey colour, and his eyes have gone kind of misty. should i be worried? also he is getting extremly agressive, he strikes the side of the tank if i go near it and when i pick him up he always bites me, this has only just started happening and this is my first snake, so i dont know weather to be worried :S PLEASE HELP!!!

sounds like its going into shed, and as such they eyesight will diminish over this time so the striking out is the only defence they have as it may feel threatened, best just leave be until it sheds.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000