The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Red tail tip after shedding?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nixipixi Posted - 08/02/2011 : 19:00:06
So, jynx has just shed and had a retained tail tip again (tried EVERYTHING to get it off last time but it wouldnt budge so kept an eye on it and finally this shed i managed to get it all off but the very tip of her tail was red....ok so at first im thinking possible necrosis is imminent but then thought it could be blood flow in the the tail so it may be ok? It is now more pinky in colour and there is no damage to the outside of the tail. Have but her in a RUB with kitchen towel and basic hides and water and put one end of it on her heat mat, will monitor her and see what happens.
just wondering what you all think?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nixipixi Posted - 09/02/2011 : 18:20:30
all is back to normal now! a healthy happy tail!
nixipixi Posted - 08/02/2011 : 19:34:12
my thinking exactly, thought that if it was dead tissue there would be no blood flow....PHEW! Poor jynxy =(
lotabob Posted - 08/02/2011 : 19:26:56
If it started off red and has slowly gone pink its sounds like its been pinched (like a rubber band on your finger) but blood flow hasn't been totally cut off and now the retained tip is off blood flow has returned to normal. maybe a lucky escape there.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000