New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nixipixi
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2011 :  19:00:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, jynx has just shed and had a retained tail tip again (tried EVERYTHING to get it off last time but it wouldnt budge so kept an eye on it and finally this shed i managed to get it all off but the very tip of her tail was red....ok so at first im thinking possible necrosis is imminent but then thought it could be blood flow in the the tail so it may be ok? It is now more pinky in colour and there is no damage to the outside of the tail. Have but her in a RUB with kitchen towel and basic hides and water and put one end of it on her heat mat, will monitor her and see what happens.
just wondering what you all think?

3 Horses (holly, twiggy and beanie) 2 yorkshire terriers (ben and tessa) 23 chickens (theres no way im typing their names!) 2 c0ckatiels (rocky and pepsi) 1 cat (tipsy) 1 crow (paul) 1 chilean rose tarantula (charlie) 1 dumbo rat (splinter) and last but DEFINATELY not least.....1 Rootbeer corn...JYNX! my lil sidekick

SOON TO COME! western hognose

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2011 :  19:26:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it started off red and has slowly gone pink its sounds like its been pinched (like a rubber band on your finger) but blood flow hasn't been totally cut off and now the retained tip is off blood flow has returned to normal. maybe a lucky escape there.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

nixipixi
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2011 :  19:34:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my thinking exactly, thought that if it was dead tissue there would be no blood flow....PHEW! Poor jynxy =(

3 Horses (holly, twiggy and beanie) 2 yorkshire terriers (ben and tessa) 23 chickens (theres no way im typing their names!) 2 c0ckatiels (rocky and pepsi) 1 cat (tipsy) 1 crow (paul) 1 chilean rose tarantula (charlie) 1 dumbo rat (splinter) and last but DEFINATELY not least.....1 Rootbeer corn...JYNX! my lil sidekick

Go to Top of Page

nixipixi
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2011 :  18:20:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
all is back to normal now! a healthy happy tail!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000