The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Adult corn snake weight

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 24/01/2011 : 13:41:02
Just managed to weigh both my corns and there seems to be a marked difference in their weights. Both are same age and are fed exactly the same.

Tom - 57.5" long and weighs 625g
Gerry - 59" long and weighs 968g

Will re-check weights before next feed just to make sure.
Should i be concerned about the difference?
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 31/01/2011 : 22:25:38
Re-weighed the babies today as it was their feeding time.

Tom's weight was correct
Gerry's was wrong - don't know what happened but she is 712g. And she's been a very moody (swearing not allowed) because i delayed their feed for a few days.
heatseeker872591 Posted - 30/01/2011 : 16:40:28
i have a 52" approx adult normal male named blake whos a porker in his rear quarters weighing at 800grams, i had him oin a diet for the last 4 months of 1 medium sized mouse a month, and plenty more handling and excercise etc, i know its gonna take alot of time for him to lose some weight and i know he misses his fortnightly feed but its for the best for his health.
n/a Posted - 29/01/2011 : 23:09:49
They would both reply to that question as "I'm a Lady" Mike , despite being called Tom n Gerry.

And going to re-weigh them prior to their feed this week.
n/a Posted - 25/01/2011 : 07:51:20
Think i'll re weigh over weekend before feeding just to make sure weight is as accurate as i can get before doing anything to alter her routine as i've never weighed a snake before. Don't even use scales etc when cooking lol
mikerichards Posted - 25/01/2011 : 07:32:03
They both look fine to me. Do you know the sexes of them? Keep a regular check on weight on the larger one, ideally weekly.
lotabob Posted - 24/01/2011 : 23:51:59
Shape is the important thing, There is a picture on here somewhere of a cross section shape guide. I have no idea where but someone will know and post it if you ask nicely.

What I remember is if it is skinny its spine will be prominent and have a triangular cross section. If its fat it will be a big round cross section. The perfect shape is loaf of bread shaped.

Because they all grow at such different rates a age/weight guide would just cause people to worry.

Oh and the 'ginger' one is just getting to the about to be a big round snake stage, little diet might be in order, catch the problem before it starts.
n/a Posted - 24/01/2011 : 23:19:39
Have spent loads of time searching internet for some consensus on corn snake weight/length and have been unable to find anything consistant. Any pointers ?
n/a Posted - 24/01/2011 : 16:11:00
She wishes, they get exactly the same, and same amount of handling to avoid jealousy - its a bit difficult handling 2 5ft ish snakes at same time lol. Looks like she might have to go on the treadmill of crosstrainer
Sta~ple Posted - 24/01/2011 : 16:04:51
The normals looks more healthier than the ginger one lol looks like he eats all the mousey pies XD
n/a Posted - 24/01/2011 : 15:56:14
And just to stall any comments about co-habiting, they have lived together for nearly as long as they have been alive without issue.
n/a Posted - 24/01/2011 : 15:42:32
Also Tom tends to be less active but eats exactly the same as Gerry. They are both female and approx 10 yrs old
n/a Posted - 24/01/2011 : 15:41:32
Gerry is what i call the 'ginger' one
Tom is the darker one
n/a Posted - 24/01/2011 : 15:40:37

Just uploaded those from today
Red123 Posted - 24/01/2011 : 15:27:52
I think Gerry may be a tad of a porker and Tom is probably about right, would be helpful to put some photos up of both of them.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000