The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 He wont come out :(

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LexxySixx Posted - 10/10/2010 : 21:49:59
Hi everyone

I got my first corn Milton last saturday on the 2nd of oct, i let him settle in and make himself at home, and i fed him his first pinkie on the 7th of october in which he had no problem taking, but now he has been in his hides since, im getting slightly worried i have checked his temps and everything is fine :( im worried in case poor Milton is ill or am i being an over worried pleb, hopefully its the latter lol

thanks

Lexxy xx
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LexxySixx Posted - 12/10/2010 : 10:37:21
well he hasnt appeared yet lol, Eeji..he was very active at first now he is just hiding away :(
eeji Posted - 11/10/2010 : 23:23:38
hatchies spend most of their time hidden away, its nothing to worry about :)
gingerpony Posted - 11/10/2010 : 10:17:45
its normal for them to rest and digest their meal, he might appreciate smaller hides too to make him feel more secure
LexxySixx Posted - 11/10/2010 : 09:06:03
:) thank you all for your replies :)

Sika- he has 2 hides in his little tank but no plants as yet at there is no room atm,but his hides are pretty big length wise, it seems he could be a lazy little guy lol x
herriotfan Posted - 10/10/2010 : 22:53:03
It's perfectly normal for snakes to hide away after being fed to digest their meal.
No you're not a pleb! We all understand how much of a worry it can be having a new snake. We all had those worries with our snakes too! I still get anxious over mine sometimes, and don't care who knows it, I flap about over them like an old mother hen!!
I'm sure Milton will be fine with such a caring owner.
Sika Posted - 10/10/2010 : 22:17:04
Yeah the white stuff is part of the poo ;)
Understand your worries, I'm that way too xD My snakes = my babies <3

He's probably out when your not looking, and most corn snakes are just active during the night.

Does he have some plants, different hides and such in his viv?
LexxySixx Posted - 10/10/2010 : 22:08:40
Hey sika thanks for the reply

I have spot cleaned his tank, but it have been like a white stuff, my bf told me he popped his head out for a bit when i was at work then went back into his hide and hasnt been seen since, i guess because he is my first snake im alittle worried bout him, he is my baby afterall lol
Sika Posted - 10/10/2010 : 22:00:24
Shouldn't be anything wrong.. Has he pooped yet?
After feeding my snakes stay hidden two to three days, then they poop and are active again :)
And this time they stayed hidden even longer, so I checked and they were both blue in shedding :)

But I think Milton is just digesting and enjoying the heath... see if he doesn't show himself tomorrow after dusk :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000