The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Nervous new owner

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Serpentine Posted - 15/09/2010 : 20:02:05
Hi, got my hatchling corn just over a week ago from a breeder, seemed to be settling into his new home pretty well - was active every evening for a couple of hours and generally seemed in good spirits. For the last couple of days though he's just stayed in his hide, has shown no interest in food yet although he was eating 2 pinkies a week before I bought him (I'm not too worried about that yet - have been told it can take up to a month to get them eating after getting them home). My snake (Sid) is about 3 months old and about 12" - 14" long.

Am I just being overly nervous or is there something to worry about here?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
FiestaSTLou Posted - 24/09/2010 : 12:09:11
great news :)
Serpentine Posted - 23/09/2010 : 21:25:32
Hi all, just thought I'd post an update on Sid.

Got a text while I was working this evening from my fiancee telling me Sid had finally emerged from his hide - and was shedding right before her eyes!! I wouldn't mind so much only I wasn't even supposed to work today, I'm covering a colleagues birthday. On the bright side, Sid is back to his normal self - still looking for a way out of his viv. Thanks for all the help.
Serpentine Posted - 16/09/2010 : 10:36:29
Thanks for all the advice, my mind is more at ease now. Guess I should just try to relax and give him time to settle.
drchino Posted - 15/09/2010 : 23:38:43
gregDT beat me to it! He may be about to shed. My snake is about to shed and she's been in her hide for about 5 days now.
gregDT Posted - 15/09/2010 : 22:29:38
He might be about to shed. They go all "Leave me alone" when that happens. Also you might notice his skin dulls in colour and his eyes become milky or blue. These are all signs of an impending shed.
herriotfan Posted - 15/09/2010 : 20:13:42
He's still settling in, bless him, don't worry. It can take some snakes ages to really feel at home.
Serpentine Posted - 15/09/2010 : 20:12:56
Thanks Gmac, I'm a bit of a hypochondriac myself so I'm probably doing the same thing with Sid now.
gmac Posted - 15/09/2010 : 20:05:45
nothing to worry about at all, missing a feed or 2 wont cause any problems.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000