The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Soft Underbelly

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 18/08/2010 : 12:42:04
Good Afternoon All,

I have a small concern with my corn snake and was wondering if you guys n gals could give me some advice.

I have a Carolina corn snake, who is 11 months old and is really close to his 1 year birthday . i have started to notice for the past couple of days that his underbelly is really soft and squidqy, and there is a very small but promounced sag underneath his muscular body.

The best way i can explain it, is it looks like the carpet of a hovercraft when it has air underneath it.

He is a very active snake, and loves his new vivarium. He gets fed once a week on 12g of food. His current length and weight are:

26 inchs in Length
92g in Weight

So a friend of mine who keeps corns, has suggested that my snakie is overweight and I need to switch to feeding him once a fortnight instead. The only other conclusion i came to, was he might be dehydrated? I change his water daily and use normal tap water. Should i be adding something to his water, or not using tap water?

Of course i might just be paranoid

Thank you for taking the time to read this and all comments and suggestions are welcome
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 20/08/2010 : 19:24:08
my 4 year old corn is like that nd i thought he must have been under weight :S xx
Kehhlyr Posted - 19/08/2010 : 22:49:25
quote:
Originally posted by sullysteve

quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

You dont need to feed fortnightly, just a little less per week. Young snakes grown fast and any baby fat will soon be used up no problem.

Mike, on the subject of feeding, how many mice including pinkies, do you use up per week?

Sully

Amazingly on topic regarding the original posters query.

Generally with most threads we tolerate (for some reason) thread-jacking, but on health ones we want it to stay on topic. Thanks.
sullysteve Posted - 19/08/2010 : 13:49:25
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

You dont need to feed fortnightly, just a little less per week. Young snakes grown fast and any baby fat will soon be used up no problem.

Mike, on the subject of feeding, how many mice including pinkies, do you use up per week?

Sully
mikerichards Posted - 19/08/2010 : 13:20:13
gingerpony Posted - 18/08/2010 : 14:02:28
sounds like a porker!

12g weekly for a 92g snake is quite a lot, try reducing the size of the food item but still feed weekly
DannyBrown91 Posted - 18/08/2010 : 13:26:02
Any chance you could upload a pic? It will help others to see if the problem is his weight, although im afraid i personally can't help you

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000