The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Scale damage?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sta~ple Posted - 16/08/2010 : 11:49:32
I'm not sure if he's caught a scale by going backwards or if it's because he has lost weight or not. Friday night the area was normal, Saturday morning it was damaged. It's like a dimpled in but also raised at the edges? I'm a bit of a worry nut, I'm not sure if it will heal fine on it's own or if to put him on some kitchen roll or not, it looks a bit pink as the edge of the scale but that's it really, it doesn't look like the area has been bleeding. Is their any signs I should look out for if it gets bad apart from it going green?

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 23/08/2010 : 08:30:16
they're too nosey for their own good lol
hope he learns eventually!
Sta~ple Posted - 21/08/2010 : 22:15:33
It's gone back done now :D It looks almost normal again except some substrate looks like it's got a bit stuck but I guess that will sort itself out. While trying to clean under it, he ended up doing backwards and peeled a bit of skin off another scale, the silly thing.
gingerpony Posted - 18/08/2010 : 09:30:07
the scale just looks lifted rather than presenting an open or infected wound so i'd just keep an eye on it
mikerichards Posted - 17/08/2010 : 23:13:28
Yup that would do it! Its all normal stuff, any skin or scale damage repairs with a few sheds.
Sta~ple Posted - 16/08/2010 : 20:56:20
Thanks :) that's definitely some promising news then :) I think I know how he did it after talking to the boyfriend about it now. He likes to open his viv and touch him and he thinks he might have doe it while the snake was asleep on his mini table in his viv and the snake reversed quickly away from his hand after being woken up.
mikerichards Posted - 16/08/2010 : 19:47:26
Scale damage nearly always sheds out with no problems at all.
Its most likely he's caught it on something whilst trying to reverse, usually out of a hole that's either too small or a dead end!!
Don't worry about it though, damaged scales repair themselves, they are there to take the trauma of what happened, so the skin doesn't have to!
Incidentally, I had an mbk who has completely lost some scales, after about 6 months, and a good few sheds, they were back and shiney as ever!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000