The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 snake death

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 16/08/2010 : 02:21:37
hi everyone i wonder if anyone could shed some light on the death of my corn,ive had the snake just over a year now and was told by the shop owner that it was 18 months old when i got her,since ive had her shes lived with another female corn who got on very well but this last month she had stopped eating and all of a sudden started to lose a lot of weight and tonight i went in and found her dead,ive checked her to see if mites could be a cause and ive found nothing the other snake seems fine at the moment and eating and shedding well im just a bit concerned on why she could of died so was wondering if anyone has any ideas thankyou for reading
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mikerichards Posted - 17/08/2010 : 23:09:50
Corkscrewing is a sign of neurological problems, and is also a common sign of ibd which kills royals very quickly, its carried by boids generally, but spreads very easily!
Bottom line, if your worried, a necropsy is the only way forward.
crazy JJ Posted - 17/08/2010 : 01:00:41
im really sorry to hear that.. hope ya find out wat happened :(
sullysteve Posted - 16/08/2010 : 23:55:31
So sorry to hear that x x
Scarlett Posted - 16/08/2010 : 21:22:00
My Python was the same. He was fine, then suddenly stopped eating then later that week lost weight one night, started "corkscrewing" and then was dead. I didn't get a necropsy, I just didn't think at the time. If you could get one, that would be the best thing.

So very sorry for your loss! x
mikerichards Posted - 16/08/2010 : 19:30:56
If you really want to know the reason why, get on the phone to the vet and get her booked for an autopsy (necropsy is the proper term), that way you will know for sure and then you can either treat the other girl, or be sure that she is safe.
My guess would be worms.
eeji Posted - 16/08/2010 : 18:41:28
a contributory factor could well have being the fact she had to share with another, so could have been dominated so didn't get the optimum nevironment :(
kdlang Posted - 16/08/2010 : 07:22:45
I can't help but just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear about your snake dying. I hope you find out why it happened
Kehhlyr Posted - 16/08/2010 : 05:02:54
It could have been anything that contributed to the death of her.
Can you give us a full rundown on the setup she was in, and a full rundown on her as well.
Unfortunately with a sudden death it's not easy to get a definite answer without a necropsy.

Mites I would rule out completely as you would've had to have had a massive untreated and unnoticed infestation for so long.
Obviously this is unless you check over the remaining female (which i'd still recommend) to see if she has any.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000