snake death
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

10 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2010 :  02:21:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi everyone i wonder if anyone could shed some light on the death of my corn,ive had the snake just over a year now and was told by the shop owner that it was 18 months old when i got her,since ive had her shes lived with another female corn who got on very well but this last month she had stopped eating and all of a sudden started to lose a lot of weight and tonight i went in and found her dead,ive checked her to see if mites could be a cause and ive found nothing the other snake seems fine at the moment and eating and shedding well im just a bit concerned on why she could of died so was wondering if anyone has any ideas thankyou for reading

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2010 :  05:02:54  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It could have been anything that contributed to the death of her.
Can you give us a full rundown on the setup she was in, and a full rundown on her as well.
Unfortunately with a sudden death it's not easy to get a definite answer without a necropsy.

Mites I would rule out completely as you would've had to have had a massive untreated and unnoticed infestation for so long.
Obviously this is unless you check over the remaining female (which i'd still recommend) to see if she has any.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2010 :  07:22:45  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I can't help but just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear about your snake dying. I hope you find out why it happened

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2010 :  18:41:28  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
a contributory factor could well have being the fact she had to share with another, so could have been dominated so didn't get the optimum nevironment :(

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2010 :  19:30:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you really want to know the reason why, get on the phone to the vet and get her booked for an autopsy (necropsy is the proper term), that way you will know for sure and then you can either treat the other girl, or be sure that she is safe.
My guess would be worms.

Go to Top of Page

Scarlett
Hatchling

United Kingdom
363 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2010 :  21:22:00  Show Profile  Visit Scarlett's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My Python was the same. He was fine, then suddenly stopped eating then later that week lost weight one night, started "corkscrewing" and then was dead. I didn't get a necropsy, I just didn't think at the time. If you could get one, that would be the best thing.

So very sorry for your loss! x

0.0.1 Amel Corn -Ember.
1.0.0 Bloodred Corn - Loki.
0.0.1 MBK - Apollo.
1.1.0 Cats - Moggy and Pretty Girl.
0.0.1 Royal Python - Odin R.I.P 20/6/10.
Wishlist = Pied Sided Bloodred, Anery Stripe, Coral Stripe, Bloodred, Green Blotched Snow,
Strawberry Snow Stripe.

Location = Chatham, Kent.
Go to Top of Page

sullysteve
Yearling

United Kingdom
507 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2010 :  23:55:31  Show Profile  Visit sullysteve's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So sorry to hear that x x

1.0 Corns Geoff (Ghost)
0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Heidi
1.1 Kings - Pete (Florida) + Mamba (Cali Stripe)
1.2 Ball Pythons (Pastel + Bumblebee + Normal)

Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 17/08/2010 :  01:00:41  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
im really sorry to hear that.. hope ya find out wat happened :(

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 17/08/2010 :  23:09:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Corkscrewing is a sign of neurological problems, and is also a common sign of ibd which kills royals very quickly, its carried by boids generally, but spreads very easily!
Bottom line, if your worried, a necropsy is the only way forward.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000