The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Repeatedly Shedding!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 21/07/2010 : 00:15:36
Hello,

I need some advise for Lucy please. She's Four years old and just over four foot.

About 5 months ago she had a real job shedding. She started to show all the normal signs,... and then nothing. Not a thing, until a few weeks later she starting showing all the sign agains, this time resulting in a shed. Bearing mind it has been about 4 months since her last one.

Since May now, shes been shedding around every 3 weeks. This is really unlike her, and we can't understand why it's happening. We've owned her 18months, and this is not normal for her? Her diet has stayed consistant, although, she is missing feeds while she's shedding, which is annoying, as we hate she may not be getting enough food.
She seems really happy in herself, no aggresion, no loss of appitite or any other concerns.
Would be great if i could get some advise, or just to be told someone else's snake has done this. :s

Thanks! x

2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mouse Posted - 21/07/2010 : 11:05:54
Yeah, the only time I've come across mine multiple shedding, is when he caught a scale, and shed every week and a half until it was fixed.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 21/07/2010 : 10:17:53
Is there any chance she has hurt herself somehow? Maybe damaged some scales?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000