The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 What to get?!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lilpunk Posted - 29/03/2010 : 21:02:24
If I am to 'retrieve' another corn this year I want it to be one of the following many x) Focusing on the word 'many' lol. Hopefully you guys can help?

Amel Stripe
Amel Motely
Caramel Cube
Anery Stripe
Charcole
Carolina Motely
Lavander

Haha, yes a LOT of morphs to choose from.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 06/05/2010 : 12:37:55
spoil ur self and get the 3 that score the most heheheh
hillzi Posted - 02/05/2010 : 20:51:34
Charcoal.

AngelX Posted - 02/05/2010 : 19:46:44
I have an Amel Stripe corn snake and he is beautiful!!1 So Amel stripe is a definate recommendation!! :)
Sta~ple Posted - 10/04/2010 : 09:58:56
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

its the same with dogs, i dont know if anyone on here watched it but aaaaages ago the BBC did a program about crufts and dog breeders deliberately breeding bad traits in dogs and then selling them on for huge profit, one i remember in particular was the woman who was studding her King Charles Cavalier dog out even though he had a major brain condition which is common in KCC's and every pup he fathered had a really high chance of getting the disease themselves.. the woman knew but she didnt seem to care.. ok the other half of the breeding team should have done a health check and found out but seems they didnt always..
other dogs that are bred with bad health issues are some of the GSD's - the really sloping back and bad back legs, Bulldogs/Pugs/French Bulldogs - anything with a reduced muzzle and restricted airways and increased folds in the skin, also Shar Pei's and Chows ect..

whoops.. kinda off topic there.. tends to happen when i get into talking about dogs

Yes that's what I was thinking... I really do not get the thought process if these people though. It's sick and cruel, they should be fined and put in prision for cruetly to animals. I'm sure if most parent's knew there was a chance their baby could end up with sersious health problems they wouldn't have the child as mean as it sounds. I'm not sure if I am right in thinking this but I think that it's illgeal with 2 people with a certain medicial contion to breed with each other... I unno which one though but it effects you mentally a lot.
crazy JJ Posted - 10/04/2010 : 00:19:33
but still all very true... n i remember watching that.... n moaning at them lol (not that they could hear me through the t.v lol.. but it made me feel better)

but yea i think some people in this world are just sick, twisted greedy (the last word use whatever ya like lol, as long as its mean haha) i just cant believe people would do that to any animal... im sure they wouldnt do it to a human if they had the choice ( i know its completly diffo... but not in all circs)

n if i dont stop here i will rant on n on n lol then i will end up blabbing... so im stopping (plus goin completly of topic now lol)

(soz 4 the spelling lol.. im useless at it n i just cant think ;p)
HannahB Posted - 08/04/2010 : 13:16:56
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

I don't get why people would choose a good looking snake over healthly ones. I can understand breeders as they could make many different colours and morphs from them but I don't know how they sell them all.

its the same with dogs, i dont know if anyone on here watched it but aaaaages ago the BBC did a program about crufts and dog breeders deliberately breeding bad traits in dogs and then selling them on for huge profit, one i remember in particular was the woman who was studding her King Charles Cavalier dog out even though he had a major brain condition which is common in KCC's and every pup he fathered had a really high chance of getting the disease themselves.. the woman knew but she didnt seem to care.. ok the other half of the breeding team should have done a health check and found out but seems they didnt always..
other dogs that are bred with bad health issues are some of the GSD's - the really sloping back and bad back legs, Bulldogs/Pugs/French Bulldogs - anything with a reduced muzzle and restricted airways and increased folds in the skin, also Shar Pei's and Chows ect..

whoops.. kinda off topic there.. tends to happen when i get into talking about dogs
Sta~ple Posted - 08/04/2010 : 08:13:46
Yes, they are a lot of money as I was looking into getting a boa oneday so I was researching although I never heard about the spider wobble until I started looking into cornsnake stargazing as someone was wondering if it was the same thing. Typing it straight into google yields nothing and I doubt that there would be anything in books. I would hope that experienced oweners would buy them but I'm sure there is someone out there that bought that as their first snake.

I don't get why people would choose a good looking snake over healthly ones. I can understand breeders as they could make many different colours and morphs from them but I don't know how they sell them all.
Kellog Posted - 08/04/2010 : 05:27:19
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

theres a demand, theres a supply, and theres heads in the sand

Never a truer statement Eeji....you have summed it all up in 12 words....12 very damning and sad words.

xxx

eeji Posted - 07/04/2010 : 21:27:09
......and then theres people who see a cheap import and think they can get rich quick by breeding royals :S
DannyBrown91 Posted - 07/04/2010 : 18:38:17
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

quote:

I think it's very sad and kinda sick that people still breed spiders even though they know about the wobble just because of the pat turns and colours. I'd rather have a normal snake without a wobbly head than a pretty one with a wobble.

Indeed, but you can't just put it down to breeders, owners are a partly to blame aswell.

Indeed. Sadly, I looked online for spider's and no-where in the information does it say "this snake may have a wobbly head" so some owners have no idea about it other than the fact it's patturn is different.

I think it's also a grey area into weather the snake's are actually suffering or not. I guess it's really kinda like virtigo in people but who knows.

Anyway get a butter >>; then give it to me teehee

Arn't spiders a fairly costly morph? I would expect that most owners that buy them would have previous experience with royals and many would look up information and care sheets on the internet so the likelyhood is that many of them may come accross the information, although obviously not all would.

Some people on the other hand probably wouldn't care and just want a snake what looks good.
eeji Posted - 07/04/2010 : 17:29:58
theres a demand, theres a supply, and theres heads in the sand
Sta~ple Posted - 07/04/2010 : 15:26:42
quote:

quote:

I think it's very sad and kinda sick that people still breed spiders even though they know about the wobble just because of the pat turns and colours. I'd rather have a normal snake without a wobbly head than a pretty one with a wobble.

Indeed, but you can't just put it down to breeders, owners are a partly to blame aswell.

Indeed. Sadly, I looked online for spider's and no-where in the information does it say "this snake may have a wobbly head" so some owners have no idea about it other than the fact it's patturn is different.

I think it's also a grey area into weather the snake's are actually suffering or not. I guess it's really kinda like virtigo in people but who knows.

Anyway get a butter >>; then give it to me teehee
DannyBrown91 Posted - 07/04/2010 : 13:05:31
quote:

eeji Posted - 07/04/2010 : 13:03:31
quote:
Originally posted by Lilpunk

Thats so sad - I agree Sta~ple, why do they still breed if they have even the slightest chance of a wobble?

it seems unfortunately that 'a nice pattern' is more important :(
Lilpunk Posted - 07/04/2010 : 12:18:58
Thats so sad - I agree Sta~ple, why do they still breed if they have even the slightest chance of a wobble?
Sta~ple Posted - 07/04/2010 : 10:48:55
Mouse Posted - 07/04/2010 : 10:12:57
oh bless her. I take it it's unethical now to find a wild non wobbler, and breed from a non/lesser wobbly one? Try and breed the wobbling out?
HannahB Posted - 06/04/2010 : 11:20:29
yeah like staple said it is there in nearly all spider morphs.. some are lucky and only have a slight wobble that presents when they get excited or nervous (usually around feeding time).. others suffer really badly and do the whole corkscrew motion which is heartbreaking to see..

i think its a bit heartbreaking watching it but heres a vid i found...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVQmiywlaJk&feature=related
Sta~ple Posted - 06/04/2010 : 08:37:29
quote:

quote:

quote:
This kinda rubbish is what has cause the poor wobbly headed spider pythons

the spider morph in royals often have a head wobble because it was present in the first wild caught specimen which then went on to be bred with other royals, although it seems that only the spider morph are affected,
at least thats what i read

Is this common in spider royals?

Yes. All spiders have the wobble to some degree, some it's just very hard to tell. It's quite sad really.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 04/04/2010 : 20:12:01
quote:

quote:
This kinda rubbish is what has cause the poor wobbly headed spider pythons

the spider morph in royals often have a head wobble because it was present in the first wild caught specimen which then went on to be bred with other royals, although it seems that only the spider morph are affected,
at least thats what i read

Is this common in spider royals?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000