The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 Any Ideas?!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mouse Posted - 10/03/2010 : 10:35:19
Hey, I kow I've posted these in the corn pics section, but I figured I post a couple here.

Any ideas what she is?
I've been told lots of different things, the latest being a rosy rat.

:D
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mikerichards Posted - 15/03/2010 : 16:22:46
then your dads one isnt normal. Its bare minimum a hypo, i have seen her in the flesh!
dean54321 Posted - 15/03/2010 : 15:56:24
looks like my dads normal to me
Mouse Posted - 15/03/2010 : 12:40:53
Cool, thanks. They've locked at least 4 times now (that I counted while I was there, but could have been more while I was at work!)

She started hiding under the paper rather than sitting on top of him, so I've moved him into a seperate viv, and given her a feed.

:D crossed fingers!
mikerichards Posted - 12/03/2010 : 16:33:59
No she won't go off food immeadiately, usually a couple of weeks later, and after about 5 weeks from a good lock she will shed, then its roughly 7 days till she lays, she will become very lethargic then, and I a good idea to keep handling to a minimum. I would also dust with calcium powder.
Mouse Posted - 11/03/2010 : 16:23:59
so if it's successful, she could go off her food immediately, and start searching for a nesting box immediately?!
DannyBrown91 Posted - 11/03/2010 : 16:12:06
It just depends on wether there is a succesfull lock or not.
Mouse Posted - 11/03/2010 : 15:47:41
Thanks Hiper :D I have read all those sheets (and copy-pasted into a word doc so I can follow it as I go!)

I was more asking about before it's obvious she's gravid! ie, i know the signs when she is, but how long does she take between 'locking' and being gravid? I'm probably not being very concise :(
hiper2009 Posted - 11/03/2010 : 12:58:13
quote:
Originally posted by Mouse

HAHAHAHA, Hiper2009 - I love her FAAAAR too much! Sorry!! I don't mind what she is, it was just to try and figure out what would likely emerge from her and Gobo!!

I took him out last night, to give her a breather, but he kept me up all night, trying to get out of his viv and into hers. It was never going to happen, but he was making lots of noise all night.

I put him back in today, made sure that they weren't going to fight, and am now at work.

Out of interest, I know the 'signs' for being gravid are looking for a nest box and going off food, but how long does that take? also, if she goes off her food, should I leave it for a while, or offer her fluffs every so often?

Laying
Once your Corn snake has become gravid, they will need to fed more frequently to ensure they gain the vital nutrients needed for egg development. A nest box should be placed in the vivarium when it becomes obvious that the female is searching for a place to lay her eggs. A nest box can be made easily from a plastic tub. Simply cut a hole in the lid of the box that is big enough for your female to fit through and fill the tub with damp vermiculite. Once the eggs have been laid, remove the eggs. Your female will be hungry and exhausted, so continue feeding her more often than you normally would to increase your chances of a successful double clutch.

Incubation
Female Corn Snakes will lay between 10 and 20 eggs, which will need to be incubated for between 55 and 65 days (7 to 9 weeks). Try to keep the eggs at a constant temperature of 26-29°C (79-85°F). Vermiculite is a good substrate to have inside the incubator as it will help keep the humidity levels correct.

Hatchlings
If incubation is successful the hatchlings should break out of their eggs using an egg tooth. They will remain in the eggs to soak up the york for a few days before venturing out of the shell. You should watch them closely at this stage, but not force them to leave the egg before they are ready.

Once they are out of the egg, the hatchlings will all need to be housed separately. Small sandwich box type RUBS (Really Useful Boxes) are good for housing your hatchlings at this stage.

Hatchlings will require their first feed after their first shed, which should occur around a week after they hatch. If the hatchling is reluctant to eat it's first pinky, try braining the pinky to encourage them to take it. If you are planning to sell on your hatchlings, it is important to ensure that the hatchlings are readily accepting food and are healthy before selling them.

This was on the care sheet off this website.
Mouse Posted - 11/03/2010 : 12:24:18
HAHAHAHA, Hiper2009 - I love her FAAAAR too much! Sorry!! I don't mind what she is, it was just to try and figure out what would likely emerge from her and Gobo!!

I took him out last night, to give her a breather, but he kept me up all night, trying to get out of his viv and into hers. It was never going to happen, but he was making lots of noise all night.

I put him back in today, made sure that they weren't going to fight, and am now at work.

Out of interest, I know the 'signs' for being gravid are looking for a nest box and going off food, but how long does that take? also, if she goes off her food, should I leave it for a while, or offer her fluffs every so often?
hiper2009 Posted - 11/03/2010 : 10:58:18
quote:

I didn't mean amel - I am a sponk. I meant hypo.

To be fair I bought her because she looked lovely, and because I fell in love with her. I never started to think about morphs etc until the beginning of this year, so I have been looking as much as I can up, but it's still a little confusing.

She is gorgeous though no need to worry what she is i would have her if you don't want her i wouldn't say no but i would class her as either a keys corn or normal hypo.
Mouse Posted - 11/03/2010 : 10:30:41
I didn't mean amel - I am a sponk. I meant hypo.

To be fair I bought her because she looked lovely, and because I fell in love with her. I never started to think about morphs etc until the beginning of this year, so I have been looking as much as I can up, but it's still a little confusing.
Mouse Posted - 11/03/2010 : 08:15:00
HAHAHA thanks!
hiper2009 Posted - 11/03/2010 : 00:40:15
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

quote:

Okay, so far we're heading towards A Slight Amel normal/keys?!!

Amel normal/keys? where did the Amel come from lol.

Looks like she may be either Hypo Normal, or a normal/Keys.

I like Kehlyyrs method lol.

Amel have red eyes so no way is amel in there dont know where you got that idea from , Its either a normal wild type hypo or a keys corn as stated.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 11/03/2010 : 00:28:22
quote:

Amel normal/keys? where did the Amel come from lol.

Looks like she may be either Hypo Normal, or a normal/Keys.

I like Kehlyyrs method lol.
Kehhlyr Posted - 11/03/2010 : 00:24:04
I think it's a orange, yellow and white snake.

I am clueless when it comes to morphs, so that how I describe them.
Anerys are 'grey ones', snows are 'white ones' normals are 'orange ones'.
I know what I'm on about then.

You also have the 'pale grey ones', 'orange ones with lines on it' and so on.
Mouse Posted - 10/03/2010 : 23:40:57
eeji Posted - 10/03/2010 : 21:27:26
there is a chance that it may come from keys lines looking at the colours, and keys corns also have a natural hypo effect with a very reduced belly pattern - I wouldn't say he was pure keys though.
Blackecho Posted - 10/03/2010 : 19:27:53
I'd just say it was a normal Corn to be honest. The wild types have a lot of natural variation.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 10/03/2010 : 17:15:16
quote:

Whats the difference between a RRats head and a corn head??

It looks from the picture that a rosy rats head may be a little bigger and more distinguished from the neck compared to other corns.
Mouse Posted - 10/03/2010 : 16:46:31
Whats the difference between a RRats head and a corn head??

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000