The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 Unsure on morph from cold blooded rescue

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
danny Posted - 30/01/2013 : 12:24:36
Hi people.

I got my third corn on Monday :) it's a female around 18 months old to two years. So I have gone with 2 years old on the day I got it as it's birthday lol. it was owned before hand by a couple of lesbians who was down sizeing there collection, she's by far the friendliest corn I have come across.

She wasn't actually on sale in cold blooded as it was kept upstairs with some other randoms so we had a look and came to a deal.

However I'm unaware on her morph they seemed to think it was a candy. It's definitely a amel but looks as it has been selectively bred or something as it is very unusual does anyone have any thoughts as what it could be classed as?
She shall be paired with a amel motley het caramel in the future so I assume thy shall produce a minimum of Amels.

Thanx and I look forward to hearing your views I shall update pics of the other 2 soon
All the best
Danny

13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
danny Posted - 03/02/2013 : 21:15:00
Thanx all it shall be interesting hopefully. She shall be paired with a amel motley het caremel
Moppet Posted - 31/01/2013 : 21:31:29
What an unusual coloured corn I'll be interested to see what she produces if you breed her, amels obviously but maybe creamsicles or hybrids too?
eeji Posted - 31/01/2013 : 19:10:34
if the parents are unknown then its entirely possible she is a creamsicle.

I wouldn't be putting any selective bred label on her, "just" amel.
Dancross0 Posted - 31/01/2013 : 17:22:27
quote:
Originally posted by oakleyman18

Well, Cremsicle isn't an Amel, Cremsicle of a hybrid of Amel corn snakes and Great Plains Ratsnake. Selective breeding doesn't cover hybridisation.

I think this is just a bright/pale Amel, without knowing the parents genetics it's hard to say.

This is true. But the ultra gene wasn't classed as hybrid up until last year-ish, and who knows how many lines have the ultra has been bred into.

So can anyone claim to have a 'pure' corn?
oakleyman18 Posted - 31/01/2013 : 12:32:18
Well, Cremsicle isn't an Amel, Cremsicle of a hybrid of Amel corn snakes and Great Plains Ratsnake. Selective breeding doesn't cover hybridisation.

I think this is just a bright/pale Amel, without knowing the parents genetics it's hard to say.
danny Posted - 31/01/2013 : 11:56:53
i no its amel at the end of the day but for instance sunglow, candy cane, reverse oketee and creamsicle are all amels. However they all look completley different. Each type has been bred specificly for a certain coulour/pattern i.e i would not class the one at the top of the website a candy cane for instance,both are amels yes however they look notheing alike. candy cane show no orange at all yet put it next to another normal amel and that would be showing 65 percent orange than anything else. so yes all are amels but bred different and broken up in to differnt cattergries.

all the best
Danny
Georgina Posted - 31/01/2013 : 09:23:07
If its cremiacles all the hatchies will be hybrids. Not sure how the genes would cross of. In theory any amels would actually be cremiacles.
Freddiesmum Posted - 31/01/2013 : 09:03:23
no idea on the morph but she's stunning!
danny Posted - 30/01/2013 : 23:21:52
hmmm looks like abit of a random one.Its a shame the male is so bright although we may still get some different hatchys?
eeji Posted - 30/01/2013 : 18:53:52
creamsicle perhaps?
Hissyfit Posted - 30/01/2013 : 17:54:20
She's lovely, and does look very pale for an amel
danny Posted - 30/01/2013 : 12:37:42
Lol yeah she does:) apparently when she was smaller she had less colour (more white) and has developed more colour as she has got bigger. So she may have looked more candy then, but now the amel has definitely come out in her wich I believe happens to alot of candys when they get older? Who knows lol pretty though
Figs Posted - 30/01/2013 : 12:33:27
Looks like she's faded in the wash haha! Pretty one
I havent a clue on morph other than amel though...

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000