The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 Slight doubt on Orion

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lozzy Posted - 23/01/2013 : 16:18:42
So was having a look (dribble) on Ians morph guide and noticed that the Ultramel anery on there has a bluey coloured eye so looked at Orion and his is mostly black?

Does this mean he isn't and Ultramel Anery?

Here is a picture but i can get a better one if needed:

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eeji Posted - 19/02/2013 : 18:15:05
i'd be tempted to use homozygous amel proven NOT homo or het hypo. This will prevent any confusion of "is it a hypo or an ultramel?". Any hypo looking hatchies will be definitely ultramel which means yours is ultramel anery, if you get all normals then yours is definitely ghost
Moppet Posted - 18/02/2013 : 21:23:12
His eyes do look quite ghostish. Either way, he is a stunning snake
Treddah Posted - 18/02/2013 : 20:32:50
I bought a corn a couple of weeks ago, told she was a ghost motley, but later came to the conclusion with help from this site she's ultrmel anery. Now I've taken some pics and you can really see the blue. Using my iPhone too.

Lozzy Posted - 27/01/2013 : 19:46:13
Thanks Dan, ye i've been looking at loads of ghosts and they all have very similar eyes to him...
Dancross0 Posted - 27/01/2013 : 08:32:52
Ghost eye, looks very similar...

Lozzy Posted - 25/01/2013 : 19:28:11
That's a good idea Isodael will have to see if anyone wants my stud muffin when he is ready lol! or pray my OH comes round lol.

Thanks Dan i will keep that in mind when he is old enough i really would like to find out what he is

Thanks Sue I am leaning towards him being a ghost because there really isn't any blue in his eyes
sue2012 Posted - 25/01/2013 : 18:43:55
very nice snake and has the same colouring as my ghost boy with the only dif being that the black around the saddles on yours is a bit thicker ..... what ever he turns out to be he is stunning
Dancross0 Posted - 25/01/2013 : 14:42:54
Best female to use would be a ghost het amel. You should get ghosts if Orion is a ghost, or snows, anerys and ultramel anerys if he is an Ultramel anery.
Isoldael Posted - 25/01/2013 : 09:23:49
Maybe you can find someone who's interested in using Orion for their female? You won't be bothered with the eggs then and still learn about his genes, and someone might be very happy with the opportunity :)
Lozzy Posted - 24/01/2013 : 22:36:31
Oh brilliant thanks eeji! I even joined your forum and asked hoping to catch you. lol

Hmm well my OH has said absolutely no to breeding which is a shame, maybe he will change his mind i've got 2 years until he is old enough anyway lol what would you suggest as a good female morph to find this out?

Thanks again!
eeji Posted - 24/01/2013 : 21:52:13
its a tough call, either ultramel anery or ghost. I think the only way to know 100% is test breeding.
Figs Posted - 23/01/2013 : 18:52:31
quote:
Originally posted by Razee

Lozzy, I thought snake's pupils with the Ultra in them start of quite red in hatchlings, then turn deep red wine colour, and end up almost black, or black in adults. If you look at pictures of gold dust ( ultramel + caramel), the adults have very dark / black pupils. Did Orion have dark red pupils as a hatchling? Thing is, if you bought him as ultramel anery, he probably is that.
Hope eeji will get back to you, he'll know, anyway.
Whatever Orion is, he's very pretty, I love the dark saddle borders, and the nice solid colour of the saddles.

Adding more of mine to the mix lol
This is my Mew, she is an '09 ultramel anery (for sure haha!)
Even as an adult on my crappy phone pics you can see he has red and blue eyes; they havent darkened at all as she's grown.

To compare this is my '09 normal Goonie - she does have black eyes
Lozzy Posted - 23/01/2013 : 18:38:58
Figs i don't know what his parents are i bought him from a reptile shop that a very experienced friend of mine worked at and she was emailing the breeder trying to find out for me as i wanted to know if he had any hets but he never got back to her :S

Razee:

Hmm that's something to take into consideration he is around 18ish months now and unfortunately i bought him at around 7 months but im 95% sure that his pupils have always been black, i have no reason to doubt my friend as she is very knowledgeable but from the pictures it's an easy mistake to make and if he was sold to them as a ultramel anery they had no reason to doubt it :S

But thank you i know im biased but i really do think he is a bit of a stunner but shh don't tell Star lol!
Razee Posted - 23/01/2013 : 18:29:39
Lozzy, I thought snake's pupils with the Ultra in them start of quite red in hatchlings, then turn deep red wine colour, and end up almost black, or black in adults. If you look at pictures of gold dust ( ultramel + caramel), the adults have very dark / black pupils. Did Orion have dark red pupils as a hatchling? Thing is, if you bought him as ultramel anery, he probably is that.
Hope eeji will get back to you, he'll know, anyway.
Whatever Orion is, he's very pretty, I love the dark saddle borders, and the nice solid colour of the saddles.
Lozzy Posted - 23/01/2013 : 17:28:07
Right just taken a few more pictures, hopefully to get a clearer answer:

Eye:

Belly:

Body shots:

Any help more than welcome!!
Figs Posted - 23/01/2013 : 17:03:20
Cruising on Ians Vivarium he looks nice and pastely to me!

What were his parents?
I *think* ghost is more or less the non-hybrid version of ultramel anery since amel and ultra share the same locus(?)
Lozzy Posted - 23/01/2013 : 16:53:20
Maybe a pastel ghost? [:s]
Lozzy Posted - 23/01/2013 : 16:50:21
Oooh figs now you have me wandering again just had a look at the ghosts and i think you could be right, his eyes aren't blue at all!?

eeji i need you lol!

Think im going to have to take some better pictures now!
Figs Posted - 23/01/2013 : 16:41:14
My ultramel aneries all have blue & red eyes - babies, big one, stripes and normal patterns
These piccies of Inky and Vimto show it nicely:

I thought the eyes was one of the big things that identified an ultramel anery - maybe Orion is a pretty pretty ghost?
Lozzy Posted - 23/01/2013 : 16:40:44
Thanks Scaly thought it was just me over thinking it

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000