The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 Fire?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
AcidicAngel Posted - 27/11/2012 : 20:09:04
Right, argument with the other half right now. Peregrine have a "Fire" Amelanistic Bloodred in stock and although I've tried explaining that a Bloodred is not a true Bloodred unless it has plain white belly and no patterning at all he's insistent that it must be a Bloodred x Amel... As far as I'm aware a Fire is a Amel x Diffused. I know Bloodred is a selectively bred diffused.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
AcidicAngel Posted - 01/12/2012 : 21:19:45
Thank you all
eeji Posted - 28/11/2012 : 21:30:04
a lot of people still use 'bloodred' instead of 'diffused' simply because the selective bred bloodred came before the (outcrossed) diffused.
oakleyman18 Posted - 28/11/2012 : 10:35:44
Haha YES Gmac!! Top marks for the fish.

AcidAngel, he's completely right. Genetically, it's a diffused. It's definitely not a fair comparison to say it's like a "ghost vs caramel"... Sorry, but this guy doesn't know what e's talking about. That or he's just lying to your face. Fire's can't be bloodred anyway, as, like you say, it's just a selectively bred diffused. Bottom line, Fire = DIFFUSED + Amel. Even if you had a true Bloodred het Amel X Bloodred het Amel pairing, the resulting fires would just be fires. Sure, they might look like top notch fires, but when you breed back selectively breds, you lose generations of work to make them what they are. This also means you can't have "het bloodred". You just have het diffused.
gmac Posted - 27/11/2012 : 23:24:05
bloodred is a selectively bred diffused for the colour, Bloodred is not a gene it is a colour variant of the diffused gene, granted they do have a different appearance but in the end they are diffused gene corns. Same as sunglow is just an amel really. Ghosts and caramels are very different as they are completely different genes.

Some less scrupulous sellers pass their diffused off as bloodreds.

slap him with a wet kipper, i have some spare as not had to use any on the forums for a while lol

AcidicAngel Posted - 27/11/2012 : 23:21:01
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

you are correct,

He's saying that a Bloodred is as different to a Diffused as a Ghost is to a Caramel.
gmac Posted - 27/11/2012 : 22:08:29
you are correct,
AcidicAngel Posted - 27/11/2012 : 21:51:27
Thank you Gmac, that's what I'm trying to say and he's arguing that Bloodred is different to Diffused despite it just being a selectively bred Diffused...
gmac Posted - 27/11/2012 : 20:15:03
fire is a combo of amel and diffused, its a 2 gene corn ;) just cause they are using the term bloodred is still just a nice coloured diffused.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000