The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 Whitest morph?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Blaze14 Posted - 22/11/2012 : 18:42:21
Quick question (because my research has confused me) which is the morph with the most white, with the least pattern and yellowing? I've seen a snow stripe hatchie for sale and think that would look quite nice as he gets older and the pattern fades slightly. But also getting confused between avalanche/blizzard etc.
Aaaaalso, what is the proper bloodred? Where they turn out completely dark red. I've seen bloodred, and bloodred diffused... Are these the same thing?
Thanks!
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
vetdebbie Posted - 03/12/2012 : 22:41:34
Whiteouts are £60 and we can get Wild World Reptiles to deliver for £35 most places. Yes, I am part of procorns :)
Blaze14 Posted - 01/12/2012 : 14:50:18
:O vetdebbie! What do you mean "we"? Are you part of pro corns? How much are they selling for, plus delivery (if you do it?) And do you have them often? May have to get xmas expenses out the way and then treat myself!
vetdebbie Posted - 30/11/2012 : 22:33:07
Handily, we do have some whiteouts for sale.....;)
Blaze14 Posted - 27/11/2012 : 19:39:59
Ooo oakleyman I'll have to keep on the look out for your batch! I love butters too, I have a butter motley at the mo. May have to get one in stripe!
Vetdebbie those are such gorgeous snakes, exactly what I was looking for, really want a whiteout now!!
eeji Posted - 24/11/2012 : 22:28:58
powder stripe would make a good project
vetdebbie Posted - 23/11/2012 : 23:23:14
Yes, whiteout will probably provide the whitest snake

Powders stay pretty white too:

oakleyman18 Posted - 23/11/2012 : 08:34:24
Good choice, I frickin LOVE stripes ;) I'm going to be making my first batch in the next couple of months, butter stripes, amel stripes, caramel stripes and normal stripes. Can't bloody wait! :D
Blaze14 Posted - 22/11/2012 : 22:18:45
Oh wow! Never heard of a whiteout :O Dammit, that means a new obsession that's not going to be too easy to get my hands on!
I love how the bloodred hatchies have little skull head patterns, think they're quite pretty at that stage anyway, but can see how it would be difficult to see which onces will get really dark and patternless. As you can see I'm going through a bit of a "no saddles" phase. Or something with a stripe. Fingers crossed for christmas!
paulie78 Posted - 22/11/2012 : 21:23:59
I personally would go for a whiteout lol Blizzards sometimes retain some yellow ive seen a few with yellow was a bit dispointed cause i thought they didnt have any whatsoever
Dancross0 Posted - 22/11/2012 : 21:11:14
Adding to what Oakleyman said, a blizzard stripe would be your best bet for a white snake, as the stripe would remove the saddles, side pattern and checkers.
oakleyman18 Posted - 22/11/2012 : 19:02:52
Hey Blaze! Firstly, avoid things with Anery really, as things like snow stripes are more likely to (but don't always) develop yellow. You want to ideally go for Blizzards (Amel+Charcoal) as they develop less yellow. So I'd go for Blizzard or Whiteout, but individual specimens will always vary :)

On the Bloodred side, it's a sad fact that most people label standard Diffuseds as Bloodreds. Bloodreds should look like:

http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/bloodred/?sid=

As adults. Babies sometimes it's harder to tell, but the darker the better. If you want to get a Bloodred hatchling, ask to see the parents first, and that'll be your clue. Bloodred is just a selectively bred version of diffused, so for most intensive purposes, are the same genetically. Bloodred also cannot be carried as heterozygous, so anything "het" bloodred, is just het diffused.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000