The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 Pics of our puzzling 2 hatchies after first shed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
yola Posted - 03/08/2012 : 23:48:15
Heres some pics of the Amel, i think it could well be a candycane. Notice the stipe down is neck, this is both sides.
Iv sexed it via candling (well torching lol), its a definate male

And heres pics of the one that is strange and puzzling a few people on the forum. This one i sexed using the same thing, and is a Female, ive also noticed that its saddles are quite elongated, almost banded, could prove intreasting in a couple of years. Shes gorgeous. Oh she has a plaine white belly. Any help or ideas from any more of you would be fab and intreasting

And heres the other Amel, very pretie but deformed quite badly near its vertually non existant tail , it moves weirdly as it almost seems paralised above near its unbilical cord was, wich weirdly didnt get obsorbed atall and after a few days fell off.

Unfortunatly i think it only fare that we let him go to heaven
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eeji Posted - 07/08/2012 : 19:06:35
if by the stripy one you mean the first pic thats just a few joined saddles which is a common thing at the neck end. Motley is very variable and shows hardly any joining to a full motley pattern and anything in between but the gene is still there.
yola Posted - 06/08/2012 : 21:27:57
viraleye thank you for that, very intreasting reading, especialy about the hypo, ultramel etc and where it comes from and that any corn that has this in is a hybrid. I thought from the pics there my strange one looks a little like a diffused.
Thank you very much eeji, her saddles have got a little more of a maroon colour now, il put pics up of her after her nxt shed to show how much shes changing.Just a question but if shes motley, why is she not showing the markings apart from the belly. And the Amel stripy one has chequers on his belly.
eeji Posted - 06/08/2012 : 21:13:26
she's ultramel motley - does the amel have a plain belly as it also has a motley-ish look about it too
viraleye Posted - 06/08/2012 : 07:24:53
A gold dust is a morph but is also a hybrid(cornsnake x grey ratsnake).

Have a look here for some hybrid morphs(scroll all the way to the bottom);

www.iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/?sid=
NexivRed Posted - 05/08/2012 : 23:55:49
Oh okay so there's gold dust in there. I think that means the babies aren't any sort of corn snake morph, as the addition of another species of rat snake means the appearances won't play by corn morph rules.

So the babies are just a mix of the parents and that's about as specific as you can get with regards to naming any morphs I would have thought. That doesn't mean they are't lovely looking, but it means there's no point trying to name them a corn morph. Cos they won't fit in with the requirements of each morph.

Did I read right that mum is an amel corn snake and dad is a golddust hybrid? Cos that's what I'd call the babies personally. GolddustxAmel.
yola Posted - 05/08/2012 : 23:44:51
There is another thread of mine on here to do with help with the morph, will try to copy and paste. Not sure if it will work thou lol as im not to good at this sort of thing lol. http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25476
Dancross0 Posted - 05/08/2012 : 21:24:24
What are the parents?
Moppet Posted - 05/08/2012 : 16:08:12
Awww, poor snake with the deformed tail

I'm not very experienced with morphs yet but I will be watching and waiting to see what the more experienced members of the forum say about these.
NexivRed Posted - 05/08/2012 : 14:20:49
What was the pairing? In my (very limited and uneducated) opinion the second one doesn't look 100% corn. What does anyone else think
Laws Posted - 04/08/2012 : 23:33:44
the one with the plain belly i would say amel motley as the motleys always have plain tums!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000