The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 No special name for diffused caramels?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
NexivRed Posted - 30/07/2012 : 17:29:28
I've recently become really interested in acquiring a caramel corn snake in the future, as I think the addition of caramel to other morphs creates some really beautiful snakes. I had a look for pictures of diffused caramels on Ian's Viv morph page, but was surprised that they're just called diffused caramels!
So far every other single trait colour morph has a new name when it's combined with diffused doesn't it? There's:

Granite for anery
Fire for amel
Pewter for charcoal
Plasma for lavender

..and I can understand hypo/ultra/strawberry/lava etc not having a name. But it seems caramel (and also cinder) have been left out!

Should we choose a name for these, frankly, STUNNING snakes?
http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/diffused_caramel/?sid=

I'm so gonna try and get one. And my suggestion for the name is the obvious choice of toffee! :D
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ScalySituation Posted - 01/08/2012 : 20:44:32
LOL thats funny!! Hell of a snake tho
eeji Posted - 01/08/2012 : 20:41:43
that made me lol! I've never heard that one before
reptiledanny Posted - 31/07/2012 : 22:47:33
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

if you want to see silly take a look at royal python morph names, even the single base morphs are daft beyond belief and do nothing to give any clue what they look like :D

now come on eeji, i ahve to be the defendant of the royals, none of them are really that stupid.
http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/butter-champagne-ghost/
eeji Posted - 31/07/2012 : 19:54:18
if you want to see silly take a look at royal python morph names, even the single base morphs are daft beyond belief and do nothing to give any clue what they look like :D
Isoldael Posted - 31/07/2012 : 10:15:32
I wish all the morphs would just be named after their genes, would make everything so much less confusing for beginners :p
Dancross0 Posted - 31/07/2012 : 06:25:43
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

its about a half half split, not all double trait corns have other names other than the genes. and as eeji has said some of the names being banded about just now are just mental, for example hypo amel (hybino) ludicrous lol.

It may be a daft name, but I can see where this is coming from, hypo albino = hybino.

Ameretto is the one that really gets on my nerves (used to be Peach, think that is still on the corncalc). What would they call a diffused one of these? Blameretto?
NexivRed Posted - 31/07/2012 : 02:17:49
Hybino? That's ridiculous and just making up a name for the sake of it. No, I'm not on board with that :P

It was just because caramel is one of the major morphs; one of the base colours of corn snakes. "one of the biggies" if you will. And all the others (apart from cinder but that's still relatively new and random) have a morph name when they are diffused. Caramel is the odd one out.

Also, I think it will help phase out using the term bloodred to define diffused snakes.
gmac Posted - 31/07/2012 : 00:56:51
its about a half half split, not all double trait corns have other names other than the genes. and as eeji has said some of the names being banded about just now are just mental, for example hypo amel (hybino) ludicrous lol.
NexivRed Posted - 30/07/2012 : 23:53:38
I had a weird feeling that opinion would crop up. It's not like I'm suggesting a nickname for some random looking specifically bred morph like how candycane works with amels. Every other base colour morph has a nickname and I think caramel should get one too. Why not? It's just shorthand at the end of the day isn't it.
eeji Posted - 30/07/2012 : 22:18:09
is there really a need for a name? naming rights usually goes to the first to produce a morph and then only sticks if it gains popular use.

The way things are going at the moment there seems to be 'morph' names cropping up for individual breeders lines and they are getting increasingly silly.
NexivRed Posted - 30/07/2012 : 20:46:34
Boooo, that thing is nowhere near as toffee looking as a diffused caramel!

Fudge is no good as it'll be confusing with fudgesicles, and it's not really dark enough for the name treacle.

Honey would have been a good one cos it's like a fluid dripping down the sides of the snake, but that's already taken. Think honey suits the diffused caramel look better though, and the sunkissed caramel could be beeswax.

So I'm thinking perhaps butterscotch would be good?

I don't think it'd ever be possible to label diffused cinders with one name as there's an amazing variation of colours. I think you can get ones with more grey and ones with more red, so I suppose you could nickname them ash and ember respectively? :)
Donnie Posted - 30/07/2012 : 18:46:37
I think that there is toffee that is a dominant trait, just waiting to be proven by a few more breedings.

Yep, just found the thread

http://iansvivarium.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=8296&p=65041&hilit=toffee#p65041
Thorne Walker Posted - 30/07/2012 : 18:45:01
cafe o lait?
Figs Posted - 30/07/2012 : 18:04:38
I was totally just going to suggest toffee

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000