The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 Need some morph help please:D

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tasha89 Posted - 10/07/2012 : 20:25:14
Hi,

I finally have some pictures of the babies!!

Here are the first set of hatchlings...can anyone confirm what morphs they are?

Heres a picture of the eye from one of the amels (i think maybe hypo amels?) there is black in the eye as you can see, as far as i know amels should have black pigment?

In this picture can can see it slightly (you can see it more in the flesh) that the last 3rd of the pattern isnt so visable as the rest of the baby...does anyone know what that is?

And lastly i think this is a carolina

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tasha89 Posted - 12/07/2012 : 14:37:47
Ooooo ok i see thanks for that i shall keep an eye out, i woke up this morning to number 14!! and 15 and 16 have pipped :D

Any help on the below anyone? :-

Do the amels carry the paradox gene (showing in there eyes)? and if so of the mum carrying anything unusual?What babies do i keep back to breed when able to get the more interesting colours back out of?
eeji Posted - 11/07/2012 : 18:39:56
your vanishing patterns aren't vanishing patterns. The colour isn't fully developed yet and you should see more as each shed passes.
Tasha89 Posted - 11/07/2012 : 11:14:52
Thanks for your comments so far everyone has been a great help...just have some more questions

Does anyone have any further input to the 'vanishing pattern' theory?
Do the amels carry the paradox gene (showing in there eyes)? and if so of the mum carrying anything unusual?
How can you tell if the amels are hypo after they shed?
What babies do i keep back to breed when able to get the more interesting colours back out of?
Georgina Posted - 10/07/2012 : 21:39:41
they look like regular amels to me, not hypo or vanishing. i thought that the vanishing trait was found in stripes. but again i could be wrong x

no idea about the black eye thing x
Tasha89 Posted - 10/07/2012 : 21:10:25
Thanks for your comments...I thought it might be paradox as my snow from last year also has it...the question i now have is this is the second batch from my female and both clutches have this unusual eye markings when they shoulndt have any black pigment.

what does this mean?
is she carrying anything unusual?
Also how much should i be selling the vanishing patterns for?
and is the vanishing pattern any rarer than any other patterning?
Are the amels hypo?
Figs Posted - 10/07/2012 : 21:00:13
The black in the eye may just be a paradox marking and the vanishing pattern is.... a vanishing pattern lol! It may change a little when s/hes shed

Both of the parents are het for amel
as far as i can figure out... your normal babies are normals het anery, hypo, lavender, poss het amel
and your amels are amels het anery, hypo and lavender
Tasha89 Posted - 10/07/2012 : 20:51:41
mum is anery and dad is hypo lavender...the amels are really red the picture does no justice at all...what about the vanishing pattern? and the black in the eyes?
eeji Posted - 10/07/2012 : 20:32:17
yup you got normals and amels, congrats on the clutch :)
Georgina Posted - 10/07/2012 : 20:27:12
normals and amels for my guess x what are the parents?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000