The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 Perfect blood red???

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Matt Waters Posted - 20/06/2012 : 21:17:57
Hi all I'm new to all this so forgive me in advance ;-)

Having owned my first snake for 3 days now I'm already after another :-D
(wife says no but that won't stop me)
I love the blood reds
Im led to believe that the stronger the particular genes are that are necessary to produce this morph
The more uniform the colour becomes to the point there's barely any markings
But when looking for my next snake I will be lookin for a 6 month old probably and I know at an early age they have the markings still and these fade over time
I suppose my question is, at this early stage is it possible to tell weather the snake will turn into a very good example of a blood red?

Also a seperate question but what does cb stand for in terms of age e.g cb11?
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eeji Posted - 21/06/2012 : 22:56:19
old school is a really dark almost mucky looking red
mkmattyk Posted - 21/06/2012 : 15:48:03
eeji is my mario a "old school" bloodred???? ill get a newer pic up but that must be 3/4 months ago, his patterns have nearly gone and hes developing a yellow line down his side
kdlang Posted - 21/06/2012 : 14:16:30
Unless they have matching hets (hidden recessive genes) then you would get normals het lavender and diffused.
Matt Waters Posted - 21/06/2012 : 13:56:12
Thanks everyone il take it all on board :-)
I think I'm going to wait until iv had my firs for a couple of months at least so iv got time to reaserch and source a breeder
Can't wait tho ;-)

Out of interest tho, what would a lavender and a bloodred produce? U never know, I might end up trying to breed but that really is a distant idea lol
marc_sg Posted - 21/06/2012 : 10:37:49
Sorry to hear ur diffused het pied has gone missing. Stunning. Pics hope u find him soon
mkmattyk Posted - 21/06/2012 : 08:04:00
Heres my bloodred ........ its a pretty old pic, his patterns have faded quite abit now

Then heres my diffused het pied thats gone missing

Sorry if there big pics still havent got the hang of resizing on photobucket
kdlang Posted - 21/06/2012 : 00:03:23
When you do eeji please let me know. I have been put off bloodreds a bit by the amount of people selling diffused as bloods. When I get one i want as good a blood as I can get so if you are going to produce them then I am in lol
eeji Posted - 20/06/2012 : 23:51:27
old school bloodreds are a future project for me (hopefully!), I want to produce really dark red stuff with hardly any pattern (without cheating with stripes )
marc_sg Posted - 20/06/2012 : 23:25:56
I got my scarlet and samson from doogle and everyone recommended him. I questioned samson being a bloodred but after talking to doogle and eeji on here and being told he knows what hes selling i found out he is a miami bloodred. And these are only just being hatched in america. And scarlet looks a spit of her mother so as she grows she be as stunning as her.so id recommend talking to doogle as he has got some stunning hatchies at the mo. And u never know he may have some bloods hatching. U no what they say u wanna no what their gonna look like check out the mother....
marc_sg Posted - 20/06/2012 : 23:10:01
There isnt a stupid question. Ur asking summin u dont know. If u asked if u can feed a snake a lettuce coz u dont like the thought of feeding a mouse then yeah stupid. But ive asked some questions but u ask coz u wanna find out
Matt Waters Posted - 20/06/2012 : 22:45:23
Cheers figs that was gonna be my next question lol
They say there's no such thing as a stupid question but I hate being the newbie and having to ask them lol
Figs Posted - 20/06/2012 : 22:36:18
For an almost solid red snake, you could try looking at diffused stripes rather than normal patterned?
With stripes there is less pattern to fade in the first place lol
paulie78 Posted - 20/06/2012 : 21:50:33
Bloodreds are just selectively bred diffused arent they ? i think as oakelyman says your best bets to find a nice hatchling based on how the parents look as how they look as hatchlings/yearlings is really no reflection of how they will end up
Matt Waters Posted - 20/06/2012 : 21:47:04
Cheers Oakley
The one on Ian's is exactly what I'm thinking of
So I guess other than buying an older snake that has already developed its kind of luck of the draw without seeing the parents
oakleyman18 Posted - 20/06/2012 : 21:37:53
Hi Matt,

Unfortunately 95% of "Bloodreds" you see on the market will never look like the ones you see on places like "ians Vivarium". I suggest you check that page to see what a proper Bloordred looks like. Unfortunately "Bloodred" has lost its meaning while people scramble to try and relate their diffused's (that's what Bloodreds are) to Bloodreds. There are still some stunning examples to be found, but your best bet is to look at the parents and decide if you think they are of good enough quality to be called as such.
Matt Waters Posted - 20/06/2012 : 21:33:19
Lol so obvious. What a newb :-/
Very nice, do you have any indication weather he/she will become very uniform or particularly deep in colour from this early age or is it just a case of best guess??
marc_sg Posted - 20/06/2012 : 21:26:26
Cb means captive breed and year 2011

And this is my bloodred yearling

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000