The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 What morf ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Becky_Ben Posted - 01/10/2011 : 17:46:48
Hi ive just got my first snake today and believe it is a corn yet most of the pictures i see of corns aren't the same colour as mine so im just a little confused lol.

The pictures are quite blurred but he wont keep still lol.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Becky_Ben Posted - 04/10/2011 : 13:13:49
lol ty :D
twigleroo Posted - 04/10/2011 : 01:15:13
he/she is a beauty enjoy your first snake there awesome pets :o) x
Becky_Ben Posted - 03/10/2011 : 17:39:49
lol hence why i get confused looking at different sites haah
Thanks any way guys
mikerichards Posted - 03/10/2011 : 15:27:58
quote:
Originally posted by wood11

I took the info I posted from this site:

http://www.snakebreeder.co.uk/html/anery.html

Sorry for misleading but just going by what I have read.

Its wrong! selective breeding is used to bring out or accentuate a specific trait, like high yellow snows, aztecs etc.
Anery is a simple recessive as Eeji says.
wood11 Posted - 02/10/2011 : 20:21:46
I took the info I posted from this site:

http://www.snakebreeder.co.uk/html/anery.html

Sorry for misleading but just going by what I have read.
eeji Posted - 02/10/2011 : 19:17:39
quote:
Originally posted by wood11

Just in case you're confused as you said you think it is a corn snake.

there are various 'morphs' - yours is an Anery - The Anerythristic Corn Snake is a one were the snake has had all the red colour bred out through selective breeding. This results in a snake that is primarily black and white. Depending on the amount of yellow present these snakes may exhibit various shades of brown.

As you have only just got the snake it's advised that you leave them alone for a good few days to settle in so it gets used to its new surroundings and doesn't feel threatened.

This is incorrect, anery is caused by a single mutant gene that prevents red pigment (erythrin) from being produced and has nothing to do with selective breeding ;)
Mamma Posted - 02/10/2011 : 13:57:42
If you have hides in and plenty of coverage in the rub (leaves, plants etc) then he might be ok. I have one corn who was fine like this and others that werent.

Corns arent particularly that active anyway (in comparison to some other species of snake) Out of my 4 I have one which is active during the day and night and the rest only at night time. (when Im asleep lol)
Becky_Ben Posted - 02/10/2011 : 12:34:10
okay thank you, im a member of another reptile group and they have said he should be in a smaller tub as he is in a 60l rub but i have put hides in ect for him to hide in but he isnt very active at all in there so far can any one clear this up for me ?
wood11 Posted - 02/10/2011 : 09:51:23
Just in case you're confused as you said you think it is a corn snake.

there are various 'morphs' - yours is an Anery - The Anerythristic Corn Snake is a one were the snake has had all the red colour bred out through selective breeding. This results in a snake that is primarily black and white. Depending on the amount of yellow present these snakes may exhibit various shades of brown.

As you have only just got the snake it's advised that you leave them alone for a good few days to settle in so it gets used to its new surroundings and doesn't feel threatened.

Becky_Ben Posted - 01/10/2011 : 18:03:33
ooh ok ty
gmac Posted - 01/10/2011 : 17:57:29
is an anery
Mamma Posted - 01/10/2011 : 17:52:36
Looks anery to me xx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000