The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 Butter cornsnakes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
fluffycorn Posted - 09/09/2011 : 23:15:40
I have been looking at butter corns online and they seem to vary a lot, I know this is a silly question but do the more bright yellow type ones have a specific name, I just want to be sure that when I do get round to buying a hatchie I buy one that will develop the vibrant yellow colouring ... sorry if this is a dumb a** question
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ptmbradley Posted - 18/09/2011 : 00:22:22
I got 2 butter hatchlings this week for a grand total of £40. £20 each from 2 different breeders. The one I picked up today is probably going to be a bit more 'butterscotchy' like his dad.
tordyjo Posted - 17/09/2011 : 23:23:16
the one i've seen was about £80 and a yearling although hadn't been grown on so was still teeny still beautiful though
kdlang Posted - 17/09/2011 : 20:17:08
I think alot depends on age. I have seen some hatchlings at £35. Last year I paid £120 for my yearling butter motley breeding pair. Not sure if that was over the odds but I thought they were gorgeous and there weren't many around at the time.
tordyjo Posted - 17/09/2011 : 19:43:13
Just out of curiosity roughly how much can you expect to pay for a butter - have seen one with a very nice price tag, just don't want to pay over the odds
fluffycorn Posted - 17/09/2011 : 13:59:46
thanks ... I have seen a few varying colours from lighter to dark and like them all really, I have just bought a snow corn so will have to wait another few months before my next, I also want a darker coloured one, maybe a bloodred :)
kdlang Posted - 17/09/2011 : 07:32:07
My two butter motleys were almost identical when they were younger, I couldn't tell them apart without doing a spot count. As they have grown Carmellia has become more solid in colour between her spots but Peanut has got paler patches.

I love them both though, definitely two of my best purchases
ptmbradley Posted - 17/09/2011 : 00:43:23
My new baby butter was in shed when I picked her up last Monday. Now she's got her new outfit on she is SO bright! Absolutely gorgeous! Looking forward to picking up her future beau in the morning.
mikerichards Posted - 16/09/2011 : 23:28:12
all morphs tend to vary a lot, its the way of the genetics, however, from baby to adult to colour will change a lot, to the point where other than pattern, the adult is much more colourful than the babies, its nigh on impossible to judge what an adult will look like from looking at a baby, theres just so much that can change over the years.
grudie Posted - 10/09/2011 : 23:24:57
oh thats my next snake if i can convince hubby to give in,one i seena oicture of 1 i fell in love....mind you theres one on the pic section i love too

i kind of wish i had looked up corns fully gorwn before i picked peaches,saying that i know she will look fentastic when big and a great excuse for another lol
fluffycorn Posted - 09/09/2011 : 23:47:21
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

theres no fancy name for butters, unless some dozy pet shops make one up to sell them :)

ok thankyou
eeji Posted - 09/09/2011 : 23:35:32
theres no fancy name for butters, unless some dozy pet shops make one up to sell them :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000